Old Scouts listed on E-Bay

Guest ozzie

Those robins are pretty well bullet proof. we found one that had not been run for 15 years. put new fuel lines on and it fired right up, ran great and is still running 5 years later still using the same spark plug.

You know if they were closer I'd be tempted to take a punt and make an offer, I rather fancy the look of those floats, although I wonder whether there is the excess power to drag them into the air. Probably just as well - the other half would bust a gasket if I bought a couple of aircraft to join the boats in the shed:laugh:

Guest ozzie

The seascout actually flew a little better than the land version as the floats produced a some additional lift. that glass pod weighs a heap and detracts from the gain of cleaning up the drag. hope someone grabs them so they don't end up on the scrap heap not much time left to act on them. those two engines would be good for a cri cri project with the redrives they produce heaps of thrust.

I have an idea... How about a group of us put in a few bucks each and purchase them for the Ra-Aus museum on behalf of the Recreational Flying Website?Anyone interested?

They already have one at Holbrook i think.