New home builder questions

Hi, I have just moved to Brisbane, and am living in a tiny one-bedroom apartment in the West End. I have designed a single seat low wing aircraft, and I'm looking for a number of things - I'm hoping someone reading this post can help with some answers... First - where can I source carbon fibre, glassfibre, foam, resin etc? Second - without a lockup garage, I need to rent a garage somewhere so that I can begin construction. Any ideas? Third - while we currently live in the West End, we plan to move north of the city - which would make Caboolture a good bet as far as a home airfield is concerned. Comments? Suggestions? Any help getting me building would be appreciated. Also, I'm wanting to get back into flying after a rather long break (4 years). I have a PPL, but would like a recreational licence. Any ideas regarding a good flying school? Regards, Duncan

Hi Duncan, I've been following the progress of your design on Homebuiltairplanes.com with great interest. Any one who is interested in something different should go and take a look. I can't remember what thread it comes under, just scan design and techie stuff. Great that you're about to start building the final structure. Keep us posted.

Sorry but can't help you on the other fronts, just wish you luck.

Chapter 15 of SAAA meets on first Thursday of each month at 8.00 pm at Archerfield. There is a good deal of composites expertise among members in the club. One or two meetings ago I believe a rep from CG Composites addressed the club about what they can offer builders CGComposites::   Home