And Then There was One!

Well the weather finally worked in my favor this morning and I completed my first Solo:clap: All went according to plan which was good only thing that caught me by surprise was how much more responsive the J160 was with only me in it! I thought I was ready for it but it took of so much quicker and climbed so much faster I really only did halve a circuit it felt like! But i now know why every body gets this big grin going after completing that fist solo:big_grin:

Stewy

Congrats

011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif Well done mate! 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif Another solo in a JAB 160.. I only did mine last Wednesday. Dont they climb well with only one. I was amazed at the 110 knots speed on downwind.. Crikey.. lol.

Bet you have a smile on your face! I know i still do.

How was your landing ? I concentrated so much , probably my best landing to date.

Good stuff.

Dave

Thanks Dave they certainly do climb well with only one up thats why I think it only felt like halve a circuit as it just did everything quicker. Thought I was just putting a bit of back pressure on to take weight of nose wheel for take off and up she went!!

Yes fair to say I have a bit of a grin, the landing went well could of held of for a bit longer but 8/10 I reckon (could be biased opinion though)!

Stewy

Well after the high of my first solo have had to endure more than a week of crud weather and have not been able to get back up. Finally today the weather gods smiled again and got to do some more solo circuits. My first solo circuit was better than todays which was disappointing but they were still successful and the plane is still usable. But the buzz was still nearly as good as the first

Stewy

Guest davidh10

Congratulations Stewy. Winners are Grinners :big_grin: 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif {not implying any competition, except with yourself} Onward and upward:clap:

Go to have another fly yesterday evening. Finished work about 5 and thought the wind didn't look to bad about 10 knts cross wind on 08 and thought there would be a chance of it dying down a bit as the evening went on. Caught up with instructor and he said yeh lets give it a go with cross winds and if you are not comfortable we will come back to hanger. (Great having a flexible instructor that don't have to book time with) Did a couple of circuits with him and all went well and he said see ya your fine I am getting out! Did 2 more solo and was very pleased with it all not perfect but pretty good, must be learning something! All in all great .7 of flying had nice way to finish a day at work.

Stewy

Guest davidh10
Go to have another fly yesterday evening. Finished work about 5 and thought the wind didn't look to bad about 10 knts cross wind on 08 and thought there would be a chance of it dying down a bit as the evening went on. Caught up with instructor and he said yeh lets give it a go with cross winds and if you are not comfortable we will come back to hanger. (Great having a flexible instructor that don't have to book time with) Did a couple of circuits with him and all went well and he said see ya your fine I am getting out! Did 2 more solo and was very pleased with it all not perfect but pretty good, must be learning something! All in all great .7 of flying had nice way to finish a day at work.Stewy

Your'e absolutely spot on Stewy. It's a great way to end a work day and now the days are getting longer you get more time. I fly quite a bit after work, although the weather has been defeating me in the last few weeks.

Despite there not being much wind at ground level here last night, there was a massive black cloud with trailing black tendrils only about 10nm away and a fairly spectacular rainbow not far behind, so decided to stay on the ground.

Isn't it great to live and work near to an aerodrome.

Always good, if you're unsure of the conditions, to consult and take the instructor for a fly :) That's the way to learn to handle more challenging conditions with safety, even once you have your certificate.

Yeh David certainly is a great way ti finish the day!

Got to have another go last night to with more wind etc everything went nicely again so now we are ready to head out of the circuit to training area again and rejoing circuit etc. That will be good as it think I might have forgot how to turn right after so many left hand circuits!!!

Stewy

Well after completing time doing solo circuits time came to start doing some work in the training area. Monday we left circuit and rejoined etc, wouldn't recon a few new radio calls would get you out sync so easy! Tuesday did the same and after first re join of circuit instructor said let me out and you have ago on your own!, that was something I wasn't expecting but took off again for training area climbed to 2500 and cruised around training area for a few minutes, actually started to feel like a pilot out thee on my own!!!. Rejoined down wind landed and got out with another big grin on face.:big_grin:

Stewy