Video: Stall Practice with Pterodactyl Ascender- Young US guy lives the dream.

winsor68

• This is the latest video from a young bloke who I became Facebook friends with about a year ago due to our shared love of aviation. He has been restoring a Pterodactyl Ultralight in his garage in the US... Recently he did an internship with the company that still produces these machines and... The bloody little legend went solo the traditional way.

Have never met him but seeing this guy achieving his dreams and flying solo just makes me so proud.

Added by Winsor68 from Dovesmagic Youtube channel

I remember these "Dacs" well. They first became well known when they were featured in an article in National Geographic way back in August 1983. There was a nice picture of one on the front cover. That article got me interested in aviation but first there were the kids, a house with mortgage etc.

Haven't ultralights moved on from there!!!

Interestingly in the couple of years that I have been following the young bloke and the Pdacts its seems there is some sort of resurgence going on... there is new footage showing up on Youtube and they are in production still in the US and selling well.