Looking for outback strips.

Hi all. One of our members just bought himself a new Gyro, and is planning a trip outback in a few weeks. He has it all planned but is looking for a strip and some fuel somewhere in between Kunnunurra and Alice.

Does anyone know anyone that flies out that way. He says he has around 400 Klm's range and doesn't want to plan to put down on a road somewhere.Any help would be greatly appreciated. (don't be too harsh on him because he flies a gyro:laugh:)

cheers

OK VRD has avgas by proir arrangement. Helimuster NT but they are flat out with mustering at this time of year. Another station that may help is PGH.

Halls creek and a couple of smaller communities along the way could help.

Nappperby station has fuel avialable at Timouth Well about 200k west of Alice. Drum only but Reg can knock up a great feed and the rooms are great for the area.

Beware: Some of the road house's along the Tanami rd only open at certain times / days. Check before leaving. Unleaded is basically banned along the entire route.

I would recommend he sticks to the Tanami Rd as crossing elsewhere is asking for trouble. I'm semi local and crossing the Tanami desert is not recommended. It would be up there with the colston track across the Simpson.

If he is still having trouble PM me and I will send a couple of contact numbers for station managers that have a supply of avgas that he may be able to access depending on mustering needs.

Kunnunarra............top springs..........agness waters......poison creek.....tennent......

etc etc...............stop overs/ fuels all the way to alice........drop me a "pm"

Ah forgot about top springs... VRD would be a lot cheaper on fuel and it's not out of a drum!

Renner springs also has fuel if you want to head across the Bunntine.

Route I usually take in the Jab is Tennant / Elliot / Follow the Buntine Hwy to Top springs / Pidgeon hole station (private arrangement - Fuel and a cuppa) / Kunnanurra.

yea gibbo..........VRD..........but kunnunarra to VRD is just over the back fence, hence Top Springs.

Am i getting itchy feet to go cruizin again.

Post edited. - Mod