World Directory of Leisure Aviation

The World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2010/11 was published in July 2010 but I can't find a supplier. We used to pick up our copy from the local newsagent, but it does not appear on his francise list. We tried other booksellers and newsagents in our rural areas.

I searched the web but only came up with a UK and USA supplier where postage is about the same cost as the magazine. Bloggers etc are venting their frustration about finding a copy and the publisher's website takes you to an order for last year's edition. It's out there as we have seen pictures of it - anyone know where we can buy one?

For those who have not seen it, Leisure Aviation covers nearly every recreational aircraft with a description, pricing, contacts, specs etc. It is a 2 vol set this year covering gliding, foot launch, para, gyro, LSA etc. Produced in English, French & German. This is where we first saw the Asso Aeri Whisky IV that is our next project. It retails for about $20. If you can find it.

Sue

Hi P4D,

I had a look at WIDOLA and you can only order LAST years edition. KEY are based in the UK but it is 5 pounds to buy and 5 pounds to post. I was hoping we could buy it in Australia somewhere. Our local newsagents are limited to their francisee's list and can't order anything else in. I was hoping an aviation shop or book seller might have them in stock. If not we will have to spend our money overseas.

Sue

• 2 years later...

The World Directory of Aviation 2012/13 is out now. Our local newsagent got us a copy of 2011/12 last year (after they said they couldn't) and have decided to get it in for us each year. Over 1,000 aircraft - everything for the lighter end of the market - described, photographed and categorised. If you are considering the next plane it will give you lots to look at.

If only I could get it off my husband ..... hurry_up.gif.177b070ad0fed9378055f023fbf484f7.gif

Sue