Pax Endo

Hi all,

Last Tuesday I got my pax endo and the form was faxed to RA-Aus so I can get my shiny new piece of plastic (to replace my few-week old new piece of plastic...) so RA-Aus would've gotten the form on Wednesday morning (so just over a week ago)

It still hasn't arrived (hoping it'll arrive tomorrow) but I was hoping to take up a pax on Saturday, am I still able to do that even if I don't have the new piece of plastic that includes 'pax' in the endorsement list? It's on my record at the airfield that I've got the endorsement etc and I've got my cert that says I'm certified etc, so is that enough? Or do I need the new cert? Or maybe can I get something faxed from RA-Aus to prove I've got the endo just for the meantime?

I'm not trying to claim an endorsement I don't have, it's on record etc that I do have it, so does it really matter if the card I have says it on the endorsement list or not?

Sure! just take the passenger up and have a safe flight as pilot in command. Surely you would have done a passenger endorsement flight test with an instructor and this will be evident in your logbook, I am presuming (ooooh) that you will be flying in an aircraft hired from the school/instructor that gave you the passenger endorsement so they are confident you are capable to take a passenger in their aircraft.

Forget the little piece of plastic, you have been deemed competent by an instructor. Your concerns should be more centered on how you are going to make this flight SO safe and enjoyable for your first passenger.

FLY MORE FLY SAFE

Tally Ho!

Dave

I've always operated on the basis that once your instructor has endorsed your logbook to the effect that you have whatever rating, you are entitled to exercise the privileges. If you're planning to hire and fly from the same outfit that did the endorsement I'd give the instructor a ring and confirm they see it the same way.

Be interesting to hear what our instructors have to say though.

Well Darky, if I was a lawyer and some-one asked me that question I'd have a look at the rules then consider that words have specific meanings.

eg

Upon approval from the Operations or Technical Manager where appropriate all Pilot Certificates may be endorsed with one or more of ...

If the first rule doesn't help you could maybe look at the rule about the privileges of an instructor.Invoice on the way - oops sorry, I'm not a lawyer - no charge but remember that free advice is worth exactly what it costs.

Hey Darky

I was advised to wait until all paperwork had gone through and i had received the official go ahead, which after some phone calls was emailed to me by a lovely person at RAAus just in the nick of time. The plastic card came a while later. the important bit was the piece of paper with details of the endorsement on it from RAAus, which it sounds like you have. i'd contact RAAus and ask them if you're still not sure.

Rach

Hey flighty, good idea, I'll do that now.

I assumed I'd have to wait for paperwork/plastic but I've heard of people (including on these forums) who took their first pax up straight after their endo test etc, which implied you didn't need to have it, so I wasn't certain...

If a flight for a passenger is their first flight in a small plane, I avoid days where the weather is expected to be anything less than perfect. If they have one perfect flight on one perfect day they'll be begging for more. A first flight made uncomfortable by dodgy weather may put them off for life. I was lucky to have a person for my first pax who was always going to be calm and enjoy the ride. I would not have liked my first pax to be of a nervous disposition. And the weather on the day was perfect.

This will be one of the real highlights of your aviation career to date - it certainly was for me.

I never said I was planning to take them up in bad weather

Congrats Darky! I took my first pax up with the entry signed in my logbook but without the plastic, it won't hurt to get the bit of paper from RA-Aus but. Enjoy your first pax, it's great to have someone to take along with you :) One thing my school emphasizes is the fact that you can't stop learning and you need to take that hour or two by yourself occasionally to practice your skills & revise your BAK/Air Leg. Good luck! :big_grin:

-Andrew

LOL chill out

Sorry for pointing out that I do actually have some common sense :)

Anyway, weather report looks promising for tomorrow and I have confirmation from RA-Aus that I have the endo, so as long as my brother holds his nerve, things should be good. :big_grin:

Where would we be without a little dark sarcasm from time to time

Sorry guys, I've been in a bit of a dodgy mood this week, I've been staying up late writing essays and things so I'm developing a pretty big sleep debt at the mo, unfortunately. I just felt I was being given obvious advice (no offence intended to you BlackRod, I know it was given in the best of intentions).

So, yeah, took my first pax up today. My brother was brave enough to be my first passenger and since he doesn't like heights, I was a little worried how he'd like it. Anyways, apparantly he enjoyed it and thought I was very professional and said that next time one of my friends says they're dubious about coming up with me, to tell them to talk to him 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Ick You poor Law students....I bet you looooooooove reading huh?

Don't worry, big Dollar $igns are gonna make it allllll worth it!

Yea some of your posts can seem a little "defensive" ?

HAPPY FLYING!!!!