hiii

sam19

hii guys an girls just joined this site an thought id say hi to you all,i just started my flight training at basair aviation college at bankstown,ive done 6hours already an loving it,best thing i have ever done an should of done years ago,hope to chat with you all at some stage an maybe help me with some tips, thanx

Guest davidh10

Sam; Welcome and glad you are enjoying your training. You have echoed what quite a lot of people say (should have started earlier in life), I know that thought has crossed my mind...

Oh well.. Today is here to enjoy. Tomorrow is to dream about. There's not much you can do about yesterday :)

You can't learn too much, so make use of this forum and other Internet resources, always checking with your instructor that you haven't picked up innacurate or out-dated information. There's lots of info out there from official sources too.

I never dreamed of the amount I would learn about weather and meteorology in the process of becoming a pilot, but it's great and even after getting my certificate, I've kept finding more resources to increase my knowledge. Also lots of things said just casually by the CFI.

Take today for instance... Several of us were chewing the fat in the hangar and one person remarked that the wind sock had suddenly adopted a horizontal attitude. The CFI's remark. "I bet there's a big cloud going over... and sure enough there was.

While I have a lot to learn, I've learned a lot.

thanks alot guys for your kind words an words of wisdom ,ill keep u posted how my training is goin weekly,an im sure im going to ask lots of questions also ,so hope u guys dont mind me bugging you from time to time, cheers again

Awesome Sam, Yes please keep us posted on your training. You will get all the support you need here. Yes please bug us with your questions, There are quite a few new pilots here, including myself and we can at times benefit from your questions. Welcome here and i look forward to you posting your progress!

Cheers, Scoob