Current NSW windy Weather

Guest davidh10

Wind isn't bad in Yarrawonga, just over the southern border, but total IMC at present.

We've had 43 mm of rain in the last 24 hours and 32 in the previous 24 hours. The whole week has been pretty bad with 40kn at 2000' and strong turbulence on Monday and either rain or low cloud on the other days.051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

If I didn't have to work, there would have been be some opportunities to fly around showers and lumps of cloud on most days.

Ah well.... there's always next week... fingers crossed. :)

I've been on holidays for the last two weeks. I have seen the sun for two short periods. No flying, no jumping and no doubt it will clear up on Tuesday when i go back to work. Ah well at least the shed is getting sorted out.

I've been on holidays for the last two weeks. I have seen the sun for two short periods. No flying, no jumping and no doubt it will clear up on Tuesday when i go back to work. Ah well at least the shed is getting sorted out.

So your the culprit ozzie. 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif Half the eastern seaboard is washed out. i_dunno

No flying for us again in SE Qld, this weekend by the looks of it.Its been like this for weeks.

No wonder Greg had a bit of a wry chuckle when I asked him if he were still afloat. I've put in a punt for Sunday am, looks as though it may have cleared by then, just not sure what the strip is going to be like. I don't think we are going to see as much rain as first expected though, the front is moving through pretty quickly. Holding thumbs, been a while now.

No wonder Greg had a bit of a wry chuckle when I asked him if he were still afloat. I've put in a punt for Sunday am, looks as though it may have cleared by then, just not sure what the strip is going to be like. I don't think we are going to see as much rain as first expected though, the front is moving through pretty quickly. Holding thumbs, been a while now.

I might book the cub on Monday, works running out, i might have some spare time up my sleeve.If the weathers OK.Maybe sunday if it is OK.I would like to catch up with you Carl.

I work in Control room for Country Energy based in Bathurst, my normal start time is 2pm, arrived early at 1pm, finishing up midnight last night. The amount of power outages across the area we cover was enormous. The high winds certainly made their mark and damaged a lot of network, Orange seemed to be the worse affected, but not without affecting many cities across Central West NSW, repairs to be made this morning and most of the day.

Not a cloud in the sky on the Gold Coast, this morning, but Windy.

Yeah, pretty good here too, but 22kts gusting.... gusting is yuk 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

Hoping it will ease off after lunch. i_dunno

Bedroom seemed awfully bright this morning:laugh:, I was up before the kookaburras and then crawled back in under the covers, fatal that. Tomo you may be in luck, I see the forecast is for the wind to fade this afternoon, now if this only carries through to the morning I'll be a happy man - as will my junior co-pilot:clap:.

Yeah dazza, be good to catch up, our visits have been out of synch for a while now. I'm hoping to go back out during the week again, got some work in the neighbourhood so may as well make the most of it. Wx may bollix that up though, I see we have more of the wet stuff to look forward to and the possibility of another frontal system by next Friday:crying:, just in time for the Jacobs Well fly-in.

Yup, managed to scratch the itch, although it was touch n go - the strip was very wet in places and current politics meant that the school weren't keen to have their aircraft, first ones out to put ruts in the strip. Eventually became pretty busy and I managed to find a few dry metres to land on, beautiful day out there. I believe Dazza was booked for today and wx permitting I'm hoping to do a few circuits later in the week, got some interviews to do out thataway so may as well combine work with some fun!024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Are you going to fly down on Saturday, Dave?

Yup, managed to scratch the itch, although it was touch n go - the strip was very wet in places and current politics meant that the school weren't keen to have their aircraft, first ones out to put ruts in the strip. Eventually became pretty busy and I managed to find a few dry metres to land on, beautiful day out there. I believe Dazza was booked for today and wx permitting I'm hoping to do a few circuits later in the week, got some interviews to do out thataway so may as well combine work with some fun!024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gifAre you going to fly down on Saturday, Dave?

Yes mate i flew the Golf this morning.Great flight,i havent flown her for about six months.Been too busy flying the Eaglett and Cub.It was good to get back in her.:big_grin:

Yeah, pretty good here too, but 22kts gusting.... gusting is yuk 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gifHoping it will ease off after lunch. i_dunno

Tomo,I thought you were tough,I get that as a cross wind. keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif

Frank.