in flight adjustable rudder peddles

Garry Morgan

Each time a different student gets into the aircraft,he can use the rocker switch on top of the throttel to adjust the rudder peddles to suite, 300mm travel for the short and tall pilots. I think this has been a problem for a lot of pilots to get themselves set up the way would like. 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

• 1 month later...

After doing 3 hours training in the Sierra, and being a short person, I find the adjustable rudder pedals fantastic, the only problem I have is reaching the Flap switch. I really have to lean forward to reach it with my left hand.Otherwise it's a great aircraft to fly.

After doing 3 hours training in the Sierra, and being a short person, I find the adjustable rudder pedals fantastic, the only problem I have is reaching the Flap switch. I really have to lean forward to reach it with my left hand.Otherwise it's a great aircraft to fly.

Hi Jimmy two, as you have already mentioned.Ergonomics in A/C are sometimes ( probably most times ) a compromise.The Savage Cub, is similar.I am 180 cm Tall. I have to lean slightly Forward to reach the Flap lever.Not a big deal.I just have the shoulder straps slightly loose.Shorter Guys have pillows behind their backs, which brings them closer to the Pedals and Flap lever.

flap switch

Hi there Jimmy. I know the flap sw.

is hard to reach, I made an extion on it , have you flown the aircraft with it, if so is it still hard to reach. I have been thinking of where to put it, for both inst. and student to reach. may be we put it on the stick for the center stick. Glade to here you like flying the sierra.

Have flown the aircraft with the extension.However last monday when I was flying it, it fell off.I find the problem is reaching across with my left hand to use it.Would be a good idea to have it on the centre stick.Any way there is no more training till after xmas,so something might work out.Otherwise love the aircraft.