Natfly 2011

cazza

Hello fellow aviators,

Natfly 2011 is on again at Temora. Last year the members of this forum contributed many ideas for forums and, except for one, I was able to organise everything members here wanted.

So again, I have the job of organising the program of seminars and workshops for Natfly. If you have ideas or want to put up your hand to facilitate a forum, let me know.

Thanks,

Cazza

Hey Cazza, how about a "Beginners Guide to Fibreglass Construction" for all of us that don't have a clue, but would like to get some basic skills and knowledge. (with a hands on workshop)

regards

Guest burbles1

I'd go to a L2 maintenance session, for aspiring first-time owners so they know what time/money goes into periodic servicing and overhauls. Could cover Rotax 912 and Jab 2200 in separate sessions.

Hi Big Pete,

Our resident fiberglass expert ran an 'introductory session last year, and has offered to repeat it this year, but it isn't hands onl. His advice is that to do any repairs, no matter how simple, takes a day or so of hard yakka. Will pursue it, though.

Cazzz

Guest burbles1

Cazza,

Well, I've seen a few posts about how much does periodical maintenance cost. I'd like to own an entry-level ultralight one day and would appreciate finding out all relevant info of what is involved in organising and undertaking L2 maintenance, what paperwork is required, when LAME servicing is required and how much, what is the difference between certified and non-certified engines, etc. for Rotax 912 and Jab 2200, and airframe, the most common types of engines for 19 or 24 registered a/c. This would help to make my decision easier about how much I'd need to put into annual maintenance as well as incorporating the purchase price. Maybe also a session on 2-strokes (e.g. 582).

Guest burbles1

And can we get sessions on aircraft purchase financing and insurance options? I think aspiring aircraft owners need that info for budgeting to determine whether aircraft ownership suits them.

Thanks