One assembly done, 50+ to go

I finished the Vertical Stab on my RV-12 yesterday. Great kit from Vans; everything fits and fabrication and assembly is relatively straight forward. On to the rudder next.

Denmit

477008036_RV-12VSsmall.thumb.jpg.4365bfbd89517d378f23daf7d63cde29.jpg

Thanks for the encouragement

Thanks all for your encouragement. The bride tells me I have one free weekend between now and the new year, so the rudder photo will be in 2011.

I haven't set up a blog, but have lots of pictures to verify that I built the thing, so happy to post those either on the forum or through a PM. I'll post a photo of each completed section as I go.

If you're thinking of building something that is RAAus registerable and actually performs (115 knot cruise 1,000+ FPM climb and capacity for 2 people plus luggage over 300 Nm + reserves), the RV-12 is the go.

Cheers and thanks again, Denmit

The dollars

denmitAny idea on estimated completed $$$$ - it's ok , I am sitting down

G'day Jay - well, my budget (including GST, freight, paint and standby instruments) was $100K when the dollar was at 90 cents. It will be a good bit less while ever the dollar sits at parity and providing I can get it all ordered and paid for while the $AUD is strong (or more accurately, the $US weak).