Intro from a new member

damono

Hi all, just a quick post to introduce myself as a new member of the forum.

After about 10 years working on and off with aviation folks in various roles I finally took the plunge and signed up for PPL lessons. And I'm really pleased that I did - I'm not looking for a career change and happy to keep the flying just for fun.

I would like to have the opportunity to fly over the scenery and land at some of the many fields in this big and diverse country as well as trying out a few different aircraft types, but these are long term goals, first I'm just concentrating on qualifying.

So, hi to all on these forums, I'm glad to be here.

Cheers,

D

Welcome D. I'm fairly new as well and have found this site a very good resource so far.

Just out of curiosity, if you're intending to fly for fun why not pursue your pilot cert thru RA Aus instead of PPL thru GA?

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the welcome replies, this really is a very supportive and informative forum.

Thirsty, re. RAA cert, to be honest I usually do my homework but admit I didn't find out about it until after I started the PPL training, but alas, it will be nice to have the PPL in hand should my mind change.

Cheers,

Damon