Desire's headphone jack no longer working.

flying dog

When I bought the phone, I tried it just to be sure.

The jack worked and I could play music and make calls with it.

No SW updates, maybe a few apps installed and deleted.

Now the headphones don't work.

Tried in another phone and they work.

Any ideas?

I'm curious: Is the headphone jack like the older ones with mechanical switches in it so when you plug in the cord the existing speaker is disconnected, or is it done with software which "detects" the plugging in and turns off the internal speaker.....

Ignition,

Thanks.

I leave the phone on 24/7. Too lazy to turn it off/on daily. Got an app to stop it ringing after a certain time and before a certain time.

Though I didn't EXACTLY do what you said, while looking I took the battery out.

This was for a fair time. Then put it back in.

Presto, it now works.

AARRGGHH!!

Guest davidh10

FD;

Like you I seldom shut mine down, but I find that the browser only half downloads pages after being turned on for a few weeks. Turning the phone off and on again fixes the issue. In recent times, the phone won't turn off and I have to remove the battery. It's s known problem that can have many causes (usually an app that won't shut down and causes the phone to hang in shutdown mode). It is reported to be fixed in Android 2.2, but I haven't upgraded yet as my laptop bit the dust just before Christmas and I'm still getting the replacement up and running before I attempt an upgrade... just in case Murphy intervenes ;-)

David

If Murphy's your mate too

Make sure you have enough ( don't know how much but probably the more the better) free space on the phone memory before you upgrade.

Mine failed during my upgrade due to not enough free memory and I had to factory reset it and find and reload everything from scratch even though I did a backup (?) first.

Guest davidh10

Tracktop;

Yes, thanks. I seem to recall the instructions said at least 23MB unused. I've got about 32 but the Sync Hung today and has not recovered after a soft reset, so I need to solve that first.

mine didn't come with any instructions just a telstra message " do you want to update "

why thank you - yes please :big_grin: I"ll just backup first then lets go - OH Bugger:doh:

That was a long while ago so over it now. and it is nice to store apps on the SD card.