compasses..

Guest simon bourke

Guest simon bourke

Can anyone recomend a particular compass to mount in my edge classic? parently they were optional back when mine rolled off the factory floor,and the stock item is now pretty exxie and takes more than a glance to orientate to.. and has anyone solved the prob of having to hang out the side to see the fuel tank level? maybe put the passenger seated backwards? thanks... let me know if you want a ride... 052_no_way.gif.ab8ffebe253e71283aa356aade003836.gif

Guest davidh10
Hi David... thanks for the response... thats a neat dash you fly with.

Thanks. In case you are wondering, the compass arc does not appear on the GPS until you are under way. I took that photo while I was waiting for oil temperature, to be ready to take-off.

Guest simon bourke

Hi Scott... thank you.... its so obvious lol.. thats such a basic idea and i stepped straight past it.. no electrics to fail, no moving parts, credit cards unused and i can check for any xt912's sneaking up.

Hi, Simon.

Could I assume that is your trike in the hangar at ''The Vale'', along with John's ?

I was up there the other day, when they had the fly-in.

Regarding the need to easily observe the status of fuel capacity.., go to your local cycle shop in Devonport, and purchase a mirror.

The one I use, clips over the outer r/h end of the control bar and is secured by a velcro wrap-around (supplied).

The body is of grey plastic construction, with an oval mirror approx 75x50mm.

The mirror head has an adjustable swivel facility, so you can set it to focus on the fuel tank level whilst in trim.

It may cost you around $20, and is very effective.

I hope this has been of assistance.

Cheers Terry.

Guest simon bourke

Hi Terry.. thanks for the tip,, ill check the bike shop out tommorow,neat. i was at the vale 2,and met john for the first time. he'd emailed me about the vale and i mainly went there to meet him, as im in a bind with getting lessons, and thought i mite be able to find a way through it all. think i may have seen you flying around dev some weeks back? with another trike?

G'day Simon.

Yeah, it's a pity John didn't point you out, as we could of had a chat. I chose not to fly, and drove in, as the afternoon weather down Burnie way was forecast to be a little rough. Back a few years ago, we did have one w/s cfi in St Helens, but at the time he had disposed of his aircraft.

My mate and I went to Victoria to complete our full training and endorsements. And, yes, you probably have seen both of us flying over together.

We have covered from Strahan to St Helens on various x/c trips. Both our a/c are identical models and colour.

The little pushbike mirror is the go, pointing downward and providing an excellent view of the fuel tank. Mine has never came loose/out of adjustment in flight.

Due to its small size, it is more suited to viewing the fuel level, rather than providing a panoramic view of an approaching Saab turbo prop.

Let me know how you go. Hope to catch up with you some time in the near future.

Cheers, Terry.

Guest simon bourke

Hi Terry.. did it ! i got a bike mirror, sounds like its the same or pretty similar to the one you wrote off. Works a treat, well on the ground anyways lol. so thank you. my daughter saw it and asked if i was trying to turn the trike into a steath fighter.. im hoping no one borrows it to strap onto their big toe to see how it goes in the mall...