Great guys

Guest burbles1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Congratulations mate, when do you start?

I have my assessment centre tomorrow in brisbane (thank god for that), and am a bit nervous especially about the mathematics component, but Ill aim to do my best :) Congrats again.

Cool good work! Brisbane or melbourne course?? Enroute or tower? :P

Im freaking out trying to remember what I did in the online test, its stuff Ive all basically forgotten since high school -_-

Btw, I visited brisbane centre the other week and got to sit in with some of the current enroute trainees who are just about finished the course. The atc system is really cool, and seems relatively straight forward (knowing all the standards and requirements isnt easy obviously, but the system they use seems pretty easy if your computer savvy). The trainees I talked to said they were loving the course and recommend it thoroughly. Thought you might like to know that :)

Nope. They run 2 courses at a time in brisbane, I was shown around by one of the course sim instructors last week. They just dont put it on the website because its not very likely you will get on it. They said they have another one starting soon thats why I asked.

• 7 months later...

Good stuff Shags 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif No doubt, you'll be settled in by now. Best of luck with the rest of your carreer 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

I got the chance to visit YSCB tower after bad weather grounded training many years ago. What a great perspective it was!

Guest Maj Millard

When training for my GA PPL at San Carlos airport in California (just south of San Francisco international) back in the 90s, the tower folks would put on a pizza and refeshments evening, once a month, at the base of the tower. It was great to put faces to the comm voice, and that was also a two way street, as they heard you a lot also during all those touch and goes.

When I soloed the last thing my instructor said was " I'll be in the tower if you need me !"...so I gave it my best with three nice touch and gos right in front of the tower for him.......................................Maj...056_headset.gif.8e2503279a37389023f4d903d46b667a.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Additionally the yanks have a landing clearance that we don't here. After the normal landing clearance they can also say "cleared for the option"...Basically it means the runway is yours, do what you wish,.. touch and go, full stop, high/low speed fly past, short field landing, soft field landing, inverted pass above the runway with smoke on !...whatever..........Your cleared for the option..........................Maj...080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

Additionally the yanks have a landing clearance that we don't here. After the normal landing clearance they can also say "cleared for the option"...Basically it means the runway is yours, do what you wish,.. touch and go, full stop, high/low speed fly past, short field landing, soft field landing, inverted pass above the runway with smoke on !...whatever..........Your cleared for the option..........................Maj...080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

That sounds pretty open-ended to me.

Guest Maj Millard

No we don't have a lot of things here that are basic common sense. Here our authorities are about control, other countries freely allow one to fully exercise the privilages of a rating, after you have amply demonstrated that you are qualified to hold and exercise those privilages of that rating.................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

• 2 months later...
No we don't have a lot of things here that are basic common sense. Here our authorities are about control, other countries freely allow one to fully exercise the privilages of a rating, after you have amply demonstrated that you are qualified to hold and exercise those privilages of that rating.................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Fun Police here...you blokes need to get your heads in the books a bit more. Check AIP GEN 3.4 - 60.

• 5 weeks later...

Phraseologies for approach and landings?

In all honesty though, when you are trying to understand some of these international carriers etc, I bet the controllers would be happy for the standardised comms. And if you let the standards lack for locals, then there may be errors caused.

Just a thought.

Thanks Roy. We are now into non-radar and absolutely love doing it.