Prop Strike

Admin

A 22 year old male has suffered extensive injuries after suffering a propeller strike whilst starting a gyrocopter at a remote rural property outside the township of Eulo in South Western QLD. Police and the Australian Sporting Rotorcraft Assoc. are investigating the circumstances surrounding the incident which is believed to have occurred when the pilot started the engine, whilst on the ground.

Everyone, PLEASE exercise extreme care around propellers, especially those operating from outside the aircraft.

More to the piont make sure someone is at the controls of a/c, who know what they are doing, make sure throttle is at the right setting BEFORE hitting the starter.

I know how this happened but not at libity to say just yet.

Guest Maj Millard

One more example of why props are so dangerous..I work daily in the industry. By far my biggest chance of dying while at work is by walking into, or getting hit by a spinning prop..........................................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

It's very easy to become complacent around aircraft. You really need to keep your wits about you all the time - and it's not just you, the pilot, you also need to take care someone else doesn't wander into the prop. Condolences to the victim's family.