Vertex Quandary..

Guest simon bourke

Guest simon bourke

Ive been given a vertex 220, and my trike's setup with a icom a22e. there isnt a single connector compatable, and im hoping that there may be a supplier or similiar that may be prepared to listen to my gibberish and walk me through fitting the vertex... if its possable. would anyone out there know of somewhere i could start with? thanks....

Guest terry

Vertex Quandary..

Ive been given a vertex 220, and my trike's setup with a icom a22e. there isnt a single connector compatable, and im hoping that there may be a supplier or similiar that may be prepared to listen to my gibberish and walk me through fitting the vertex... if its possable. would anyone out there know of somewhere i could start with? thanks....

Hi Simon, there is an adaptor to connect your bnc fitting to your 220. I will dig out my receipt when I bought mine. I also brought a PTT button for my vertex 710 which is also for a 220.

Terry

Guest terry

Ian, it was my intention to buy from the shop but it was too complex and messy and requests from me went unanwsered.

Thanks terry from that feedback...I will very soon be looking at the whole shop thing and what to do with it...have my eye on some new software that will help with communication and shop management a lot better if I go down that track...thanks again and sorry to derail the thread...back to topic

• 1 month later...
plugs.jpg.857efea5bd47c35d5bd7e2bcc8fa20a3.jpg The best option is to buy a small enclosure, a 2,5mm stereo socket and a 3,5 mm mono jack socket, mount them at a pitch of 10mm centres and cut the sockets off that came with the C96 cable in the radio box. Put a small grommet to allow the twin CT 96 cut off and then wire as per the picture. Then plug the old Icom plug into the adapter box. The CT91 from vertex, I havent found to work. Hope it helps. Paul