First flight

jakej

Hi Garry

Just have to say what an excellent handling aircraft I think the Morgan is, many thanks for the trial 'test' flight. I'm also impressed with the adjustable pedals ( not the norm for RA or Homebuilt) and 'toe' brakes which are much more intuiative, and useful in crosswind takeoffs/landings, for those of us that learnt to fly in GA planes.

The lower CHT's you have acheived on the Jabby engine is a great to see after hearing the issues some other planes have.

Having a closer look at the Sierra while at your factory I was amazed to see the apparent strength of construcion of the fuselage etc and yet it is still is light enough for the category.

Thanks again for your hospitality and I look forward to being up there again. 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Hi Jake,

Nice to meet you on Friday at Taree. I haven't met anyone who has flown a Sierra that is not instantly impressed. Now that I have my order in, it is just the wait for the kit construction that is going to be a nuisance. I made my decision almost a year ago based on a whole heap of criteria. Some of these are listed below.

Strong airframe now certified to 7.5g

De-rig into a trailer in 10 mins

Low wing, great vis in turns

Winglets for superb stability in turns, reduced tip vortices drag, & smoothing the bumps

All metal construction (plus a few FG mouldings)

Fantastic forward vision with nose down attitude in S&L flight

Excellent Endurance

Amazing controllability right up to the low stall speed & that without flaps & little yaw at any attitude

Plenty of useful options (flaps, wing tanks etc)

Side-slips really well

Comfortable & spacious cabin With plenty of storage space

Light & easy controls with no nasty habits

Full flying elevator just like my old favourite PA28-181

Nice big rudder

PERFORMANCE like 130 kts cruise at 75% power, 80 kts at +1000 fpm climb with Garry & me, better than a Pioneer 300 at twice the price

Great Looks although Garrys ads need better picture angles. He should use some from the website.

Designed & built by a top bloke not some corporate non descript pass the buck bunch.

The only options I have chosen are flaps (not normally required but a bonus for steep approach short field & obstacles like trees), Winglets (not really an option in my opinion), Matco Disc brakes and a tinted canopy.

Cheers

Kevin

Thanks Kevin.

I agree with having the wing tank option especially if you're going on longer distance or to sparsley populated area trips - I find it comforting to know that I can have up to 8 hrs fuel (240L) on board for the times when weather or refuelling, cost and/or availability, is an issue. Those are things I don't have to worry about so I can better concentrate on aviating.

Congrats on the purchase, let us know when you start flying your Sierra as I'm sure others would want to know more.

Jake J

Hi Jake, reading the above and your enthusiasm regarding the Morgan Sierra, could I read into your threads that you may possibly consider selling your beautiful sleek high performance mean machine and investing in a Sierra?008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Hi Jake, reading the above and your enthusiasm regarding the Morgan Sierra, could I read into your threads that you may possibly consider selling your beautiful sleek high performance mean machine and investing in a Sierra?008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

A guy has to keep his options open - like retirement, she WMBO wouldn't allow that while I still have an aviation medical 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif