Homebuilt RAA not allowed into CTA or over built up areas?

jetjr

As I understand it, this is already the case for trikes.

2 seat 95.32 trikes built at a CASA approved factory are allowed over built up areas above 1,000ft AGL with glide height to clear people, structures and vehicles . . . amateur built are not. 95.10 are not.

Don't know about 95.55 'cause I don't fly those - I don't study that, except to know it's mostly the same as 95.32.

Read a little thurther into it and you will find "unless by approval by CASA or casa approved delegate" or something along those lines, now the RAAUs technical manager migh be just such an approved person.

Guest burbles1

Yes, I've read on another thread where you can apply to CASA to fly a '19' registered aircraft over built-up areas.

I have a current exemption to fly over built up areas from RAA Aus. I have a rotax 582 that was specified in the request to RAA Aus.

Cheers

Maynard

Destiny I think auto conversions are a no no... Might be wrong though. I've heard similar stories about 2 strokes...-Andrew

Not so . . . Dual ignition Rotax 503 and Rotax 582 2-strokes are approved for flight over built up areas. I'm sure there was a previous thread on this . . .

Guest ozzie

Rotax a couple of years ago had their 503 and 582 approved to a world standard, i can't remember off hand what it was but you would be able to find that standard off their website or from the california power systems website.