Charging your Pax

Guest SAJabiruflyer

Guest SAJabiruflyer

Yeah it's interesting, I too had many, many friends asking me to take em up. So far i've taken my wife. When I tell my friends it would be nice of them to contribute toward the cost, they are suddenly very busy....

I flew down to YBAF on Sunday with my son for football training and took another player with us who had never been in an aircraft before in his life, flew back Sunday night and the smile on his face was payment enough:ecstatic:

• Like 1

I recently took a guy for an hour or so in a J230, in his 60's and quite ill. His son in law asked if i could take him, suprise flight. He hadnt any idea. The look on his face, the lack of conversation as he stared at the window was priceless. He apparently talked about it for days afterwards. I luckily had my Go pro camera also handy and recorded the flight for him. You cant ask for money with suprises like this.! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Guest SAJabiruflyer

I have a client who is 92, and absolutely loves flying. He has a computer I built for him that he used to play Flight Sim, Combat Flight Sim etc. He's not well but im hoping he will get out of respite care soon so I can take him up. And you guys are right - the grin on his face will make it worth it!

Loking through my old logbook I see that I gave many people a flight and I never took any recompense. That was GA flights. The number of Ultralight flights I have given people is many more and I don't think the names are all recorded. I like to introduce people to something new that they will enjoy. I did the same when I was sailing and introduced some people to the sport who went on to get really involved with it. Sadly the only drawback to the Corby is it only has one seat, but the RV I am building will fix that problem.

Hey it works both ways. I've taken people for flights who I thought should have offered to pay some costs and didn't, and others (mostly good friends) who I would never expect any contribution from because of our relationship (e.g them having helped me out in other situations for no cost etc) who wanted to pay the total cost. I only ever accepted a contribution towards the total charge.

I have only very rarely arranged the cost sharing before the flight other than when I worked for a company with 2 factory sites a 4 hour drive from each other. I paid the Aero Club hire cost and put in the receipt as my expenses & got the hours for free. Those were the days.:clap2: