TaDah!

Guest Crash Lander

Guest Crash Lander

Well, I guess this is the place to come and say hi, and introduce myself!

I found this site whilst trying to shop online for a scanner that covers airband frequencies! Anyway, thaought I'd hang out for a while.

I'm a student pilot, (RAA), training out of Barwon Heads, in their nifty little Gazelle. (24-3843).

I'm currently at 10.3 hours, and soloed at 7.0.

I have 1 lesson a week, weather and funds permitting.

Am glad to be back in the air after a 2 months break due to holidays and maintenance issues on 3843. (First flight after 2 month hiatus was last Saturday!)

Anyway, that's me! So, HI! 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

Guest Crash Lander
Chris,Hello from Hong Kong. Good to hear the Gazelle is back in the air. Will have a fly when back in May. Hope Kirsty and the boys are well.

Simon

Hey! Simon! Fancy seeing you here! I just found this place the other day!

I see you just have 1 post too, so you must have just found it too! Great minds think alike eh!

I'm going up again at 8 in the morning, weather permitting of course, but looks promising at the moment.

What a buzz to see you here!

(Still trying to figure out how you knew Crash Lander was me!)

Say hi to Erika and the boys for us!

Chris

Guest Crash Lander
G'day crashlander. Welcome.You are not Indonesian are you? Keep away from Garuda.

No, not Indonesian. Looks like Garuda do a good enough job without me!;)

Chris,

I am more of a reader than poster, been following this one for a while now.Just been to Taipei and back, always good fun. The Barwon heads location and gazelle were a dead give away. Half the fun of a Forum is trying to put posts to faces.

Cheers Simon

Guest Crash Lander
The Barwon heads location and gazelle were a dead give away. Half the fun of a Forum is trying to put posts to faces. Cheers Simon

LOL! I guess. At first I was reading this post from someone called Nomis, and I'm thinking, geez! Who is this guy! Then I twigged! LOL!

Guest Crash Lander
Quick question. Where is Barwon heads strip? I have flown out of Grovedale and Lovely Banks but Barwon Heads must be new.

1405 Barwon Heads Road Connewarre.

I didn't know there was a Grovedale airport. Or Lovely Banks for that matter. I thought the closest airfield to Grovedale was the Geelong Airport on the Torquay Road. Is that the one you mean?

Do you know where the 13th beach estate is? Near there.

If you've flown out of Grovedale, do you know Marshalltown road in Grovedale? Go to the end of Marshalltown Road where is becomes a cross intersection with a suspended street light over the intersection. Pivot Homes office is located on the corner. Turn right, and you'll come to Barwon Heads airport.

I will have to look on Google maps where the airport should show up.

Grovedale was on the right hand side of the road from Geelong to Anglesea, Power lines on the road meant it had a displaced threshold and it was South of Grovedale. Lovely Banks was to the North West of Geelong

Guest Crash Lander
I will have to look on Google maps where the airport should show up.Grovedale was on the right hand side of the road from Geelong to Anglesea, Power lines on the road meant it had a displaced threshold and it was South of Grovedale. Lovely Banks was to the North West of Geelong

From your description, it sounds like what you kow as Grovedale is actually now called Geelong Airport. There is talk it is to close soon due to the land being wanted for development. Not sure about Lovely Banks. I thought the closest one out that way was Lethbridge.