Inglewood Fly in

Just passing this on for all those interested in attending this true country Fly-in. Caboolture Microlights plan to be there in force and the local community get right behind this event which has now been running for over 20 years.

#ATTENTION ALL ULTRA LIGHTS AND GLIDERS

PASS THE WORD AROUND

"IT IS ON AGAIN THE ANNUAL MAY DAY WEEKEND, IN INGLEWOOD QLD 4387"

THERE WILL BE HOT MEALS ALL WEEKEND AND PLENTY OF FUN TO BE HAD BY ALL

PLEASE EMAIL ME BACK IF YOUR KEEN TO FLY IN FOR SOME GOOD TIMES.. 30TH APRIL, 1ST AND 2ND OF MAY

Jamie McMurtrie [

[email protected]]

Not sure if I'll be there yet, but hope to be... if I do come... you'll most likely see me one way or the other, or I'll come looking for you!!

It's usually a great time. Obviously weather is a big issue at the moment too!

For those that want to know the airfield info...

Airstrip Details:

•  

GPS Position: Latitude 28°25' Longitude 151°06'E

Elevation above sea level (in feet) - 934 FT

WAC Chart: Armidale (3357)

Direction - 05/23degs

Length - 1100 mtrs

Both airstrip and parking area sealed bitumen

Windsock position relative to airstrip - NE corner

Parking area relative to airstrip - North Side

Airstrip location relative to airstrip - East of Town

Solar lighting

Strip Markers: White cones

VHF or UHF frequencies used by ground support vehicles or bases - FIS BN 121.2

Indeed it does... if you need a driver to fly you to Caboolture... problem is I can only do RAA at the moment on my own...

Thanks guys for the support- we still plan to leave at 7am tomorrow but Plan B will be Sunday if wet or windy or if all else fails I may go via Jab express if untrikeable(do you like that word:scratching head:) Will call you when we get there.

You won't miss us!

Fantastic weather this morning! Blue sky, gentle breeze... couldn't have asked for a better morning.

But.... guess what? My fears eventuated and I'm booked out for today now! Oh well, first Inglewood I've missed since learning to fly... hmm, not cool. 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

Hope those flying in will have a great time. :thumb_up:

Well we got back at lunch today and two out of two weekends of fine Qld weather- someone worked out how to turn the taps off.

Inglewood was a very relaxed affair this year with probably half the attendence of previous years. maybe it was the proximity to Easter, or discussion was rife about the attendence of Ra Aus and CASA, leading many to believe that pilots stayed away because of this. Seems a strange logic but never the less there was lots of flying, two good thermal days for the hangies, and lot's of variety with a destinct increase in the number of powered parachutes.

The towns people and local Lions club catered exceptionally well and it wasn't even that cold at night.

We flew lot's of Tif's in the trikes; from Air services staff to a wonderful 83 yo ex- german fighter pilot! All had unforgettable flights.

Inglewood is a very friendly, relaxed and social fly -in. Put it on the calender for next year:wave:

Makes me feel a little better DD, I was spitting chips! Perrrrfect weather but couldn't go... to either of them!

Watts Bridge... I hope to make that one, rain hail or shine!

Drove out on Saturday with the Powered Parachute and 3 kids in Tow (forgot the camera). Could only stay one night but got each of the kids up twice for a look around. Great conditions for Parachutes and the half dozen Powered Paragliders had a ball. So much that they are talking about around 35 of em holding their annual Fly In at Inglewood from 8 -10th July (to be confirmed) and the town will provide same facilities. I will endeavour to get some PPC's along to play with the PPG's.

Was a good night Saturday night caught upwith some interesting characters. Sleep was interupted by the 2.20 and 4.20am freight trains that passed feet from my head in the tent, funny, some didn't even hear them (must have had some sleeping medicine). Already in the Diary for May Day weekend next year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Had a great weekend at Inglewood, only 2 Aerochutes and a Zenith PLUS about 30 PPG's. Boy, are these guys keen, first light, minus 5 degrees cold.gif.c4cdc44db1f6c401c5e88ff399ed7104.gif and up they go, running all over the place, the odd one landing on his face but they had a ball. Only had till about 10am each day before the winds got up. Then it was time for repairs and mechanical tinkering. Some pretty modern gear, lightweight engines, all good stuff.

The town was great as usual with catering by the SES and Lions Club, several hundred dollars raised. A big thanks from Ian the President of the Lions and local councilor (those regular Inglewood attendee's would know Ian as he always wears sandles even with frost on the ground). Anyway, made his day, took him for a fly, he photographed his house and was very happy. He thanked the Flyers both Ulralights (May) and PPG's (now each Queens Birthday weekend) for supporting the town.