Natfly 2012 - Call for Volunteers

Guest burbles1

Guest burbles1

Carol posted this earlier today:

So I am happy that there is so much interest in improving Natfly, and those who are serious about helping can put up their hands to coordinate sections of the event; This is what we need here on the ground now to start planning and taking responsibility for:

Coordinator of Women's Program - Work with Amanda McCrone from the Council

Coordinator of Children's Program - Work with Amanda McCrone from the Council

Coordinator of Exhibitor Flypast on the PA announcements - Work with Sue Perokovic and Mick Poole

Coordinator of Signage - Work with Fabio at the Council

Food - Work with Andrew Robbins and Gary Lavelle at the Council

Bus and Bus Schedules - Work with Andrew Robbins at the Council

Program - Work with me, as no one else has access to people on the airfield with hangars.

Get Board approval for this new structure and Get Board approval for instigating an Entry Fee.

Thanks for your help, Carol

I have volunteered even though I have not been to a Temora NATFLY. There are things we can do. For example - drumming up interest during the year - articles in our various aviation magazines - it helps if you are a member of an organisation, you can put up an article for your association's magazine or club newsletter. People like me (and others who can string a few words together) can help you tell your tale. People with photos can contribute them to our brochures, pamphlets, flyers telling potential advertisers, exhibitors, guests, speakers, attendees, pilots, schools, plane owners, builders, volunteers, what a great event it is/was/will be, and why you should be there in 2012. It is not all huge jobs; it's lots of little things that come together to make the whole.

We are hoping there will be a forum or sandpit in the new RAAus website where we can gather to post things, so you can tell us what you think, print off a brochure to give to your supplier, help each other with the planning, discuss ideas, keep you up with the latest. It is getting exciting. Two things I want - 1) look at what you can do, even if it is only a little thing like offering a Natfly photo, 2) Go to Natfly and post lots of pictures, impressions etc, so we know how it went (for those of us who can't get there). Make it OUR event.

Sue

• Informative 1

Guest Steven Runciman
We are hoping there will be a forum or sandpit in the new RAAus website where we can gather to post things, so you can tell us what you think, print off a brochure to give to your supplier, help each other with the planning, discuss ideas, keep you up with the latest. It is getting exciting. Two things I want - 1) look at what you can do, even if it is only a little thing like offering a Natfly photo, 2) Go to Natfly and post lots of pictures, impressions etc, so we know how it went (for those of us who can't get there). Make it OUR event.Sue

Sue,

A volunteer has been requested from the board to be the lead planner for NATFLY 2012 and once it has been decided who it is I am sure you will hear from them. I am sure there will be somewhere on the new website or somewhere else where you can go and submit ideas and volunteer to help. No doubt more to follow shortly.

Regards,

Steve

Guest basscheffers
Why is there a "women's program" that isn't about flying?

Yeah, I cringe whenever I see that.

How about a Non Aviation Interested Partner Show (NAIPS) instead?

AWPA (Australian Women Pilots Assoc) conference call theirs a "partners program" (not men's).

They do tours, wine tastings, etc and anyone is welcome, no stigma attached to those who do not fly or are the wrong sex . 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif

I have only been with them 15 years and have not seen them try to offer the men "bloke" type activities. Women are welcome on these activities and I have been and found them worthwhile. Then again, I don't class myself as a typical woman, so I can't say what non flying women would be interested in (or the non flying partners of women pilots). Needs to move away from the "women" tag, and the "non-flying". Let people decide if they want to do quilting for trikes, creative spanner arranging or whatever. When heeding this advice, bear in mind that I have only been to 2 Natflys, both at Narromine, attended only one "Ladies'" program - a meet & greet of AWPA members, and none of the other - I was too busy looking at planes & doing seminars.

Sue

Guest basscheffers

At the same time, I've always been warmly welcomed as a male pilot at AWPA events; I was even allowed to talk about flying with women! ;-)

On a possibly (positively!) sexist note: AWPA fly-ins have better food than most of the male-organized sausage-burn fly-ins! :big_grin: