Lethbridge or GSA

Hi all,

Bit of a shot in the dark approach but thought this would be the best place to try... anyone here a regular at Lethbridge (Vic) or a member of the GSA club ?

I'm fairly new to the local area and would be keen to know a bit more about the field / club.

cheers,

D

G'day and 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif D,

I'm afraid I'm not a member down at Lethbridge. However I can tell you that the times I have stuck my head in to have a look at there whilst driving past, and everyone has been very friendly. I got a tour of their clubrooms and invitations to their social dinner, plus a couple of other events straight away!

I think the best time to go would be on a Saturday at lunchtime, as they have a bbq lunch and many people fly in for it.

Hopefully some more knowledgeable people will also chime in at this point...

Cheers,

Evan

Hi Damono,

I have flown there a few times from Penfield and have always had a friendly reception and chat to whoever was hanging around! Also some interesting planes in the hangars. Runways are grass.

Why don't you give them a call? The number in ERSA is 0429 354717 (owner Garry Baum), or Country Airstrip Guide has CFI Bruce Vickers on 0400 849031 - I'm sure they would like to hear from you....

Cheers

Neil

Hi everyone,

thanks for all of the feedback. Lethbridge sounds like a good field/club - and it seems unanimous that a Saturday would be the perfect time to visit (just in time for the bbq).

Thanks again.

D