XC Endorsed

slartibartfast and family have much pleasure in announcing the arrival of a healthy baby cross country endorsement.

The baby weighed in at 212Nm and 141 minutes. Apart from a little jaundice (well - green actually) all are well.

Had a great flight Tumut-Corowa-Tumut today. The forecast trough had nothing in it and it was a beautiful day aloft. Every mark was hit en-route out, and a little adjustment required on return (I blame the aforementioned non-event trough). Got back, passed the exam, and can now go to Narromine.

Pretty stoked really.

See you all on weekend visits (fly-in rather than like yesterdays Oaks drive in).

Ross

Thanks Chris. Depends - when do you start counting?

1 day if you count the scare Sunny gave me in the drifter - "watch me get to that strip we are 2000' above in 800 yards"

8 days if you start from when I said "now what do I do to get my XC?"

5 months if you start from my return to flying after WoW.

30 years if you count my early forays into Blaniks and hang-gliders.

Ross

Congratulations from me as well. It's a beautiful thing having an unrestricted licence.

By the way, noticed that you are flying out of Cooma and in an LSA-55. Is that hired out of Polo Flat ? If so is the Jab available for general hire and what is the rate and contact details ?

Thanks

Kirk

Guest pelorus32

Congratulations Ross. I did my XC and Passenger recently and it's a great feeling to get them. Looking forward to seeing you around the traps.

I thoroughly agree with you about a practise being a good idea before the actual endorsement test. I did an extra couple of hours XC and it was a very positive thing to have done.

Regards

Mike

Congratulations from me as well. It's a beautiful thing having an unrestricted licence.By the way, noticed that you are flying out of Cooma and in an LSA-55. Is that hired out of Polo Flat ? If so is the Jab available for general hire and what is the rate and contact details ?

Thanks

Kirk

Thanks Kirk. That Jab is out of the Snowy Mountains airport on the Jindabyne side of Cooma. It is available for $90 per hour through Adrain Menhennitt.

I also fly Peter Wilson's J160 out of Tumut.

I'll PM the contact details.

Ross

Well done Ross - just when I was going to keep clear of Cooma now you can go almost anywhere 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Oh well, I suppose I will just have to wind the CT up to keep away from you 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Seriously, well done and a big achievement - perhaps you can let me know how to navigate without a GPS again

my congratulations as well Ross! you mentioned the regulation 5 hours... thats is great - i had expected, based on other posts, that the XC requirement might have been raised to 10 hours. if it is still 5 i better hustle and get my certificate (only 1.7 solo hours to go)!

cheers,

lee.