Jabiru 230 Models

sandman

Looking at buying a 230 and one is a 230C and the other a 230D. What had been updated to make the D model. Cheers.

Bottom line is- nothing changed physically with the aircraft, I understand that the change to the D had something to do with the fact that it could be upgraded to NVFR. (Correct me if I am wrong).:big_grin:

My 230C had a very crappy set of doors, cheap ally catch, poor locking....poor finish in fact. My new 230D has pin type locks and gutters over the edges, a better hinge set up... The finish is very much better too. Details with the engine starting and oil cooler air ducting were adressed during 2007-10 when I owned 5083. 7595 is a much better aeroplane, but the new owner of 5083 is pleased with it too. 010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif

Marcus

Talking to someone at the factory the other day, it appears the 230 is getting the new fin they have tested and are now fitting to the 170. I actually looks quite good and is shaped at the top, giving it a more asthetically pleasing appearance rather than the square slab look.

Im not sure Jabiru are that organised, most changes are made "online", usually name/number changes are attached to major changes and the NVFR certification would possibly be one of these, all the minor other stuff is added to aircraft as the ideas are finalised sometimes before that.