CYLINDER THRU BOLT TOOL FOR JABIRU ENGINES

CYLINDER THRU BOLT TOOL FOR JABIRU ENGINES

EXCLUSIVE SUPPLIER

Can't get a spanner on some of those Jabiru cylinder base bolts after you've fitted the 12 point nuts? Then this tool is for you.

731011198_ThruBolttool.jpg.93fe7479c3878a93bce564e683a4c058.jpg

Made exclusively for QED Aircraft Parts and Hardware, and used successfully in by a LAME/L2 service organisation.

You can have your own for a mere $50.00 (+ the government's take at 10%), and postage if needed.

This tool is modelled on the very tool that is used on Lycoming and Continental engines for working on engine cylinders.

Old Man Emu

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rallytoyota

Hi,

I would like to purchase one of these. Cab you supply with the necessary details . Do you have a contact number??

Regards.

I can vouch for this device: Just spent today doing the 12 point nuts on one of our 230s, and this made it so much easier.. Great for removing the old nuts and installing the new type - and also for torquing to the required 30ft/lbs, as there is no offset between the socket end and the torque-wrench attachment end, thus no offset calculations required.

We started to make a couple of these tools this week and found that due to incorrect tempering of the metal after welding, the shaft of the spanner could not sustain an applied torque of 30lbs-ft. We are researching tempering methods to ensure that the product we produce will not fail.

The annoying thing is that the tool we made for our shop didn't fail the torque test.

We hope to have a solution to the problem by the start of next week.

Old Man Emu

We had the same problem... But we put a steel saddle on the back of the wrench extension and after welding it we let it cool at normal air temperature - not accelerated cooling in water. This did the trick..

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Rallytoyota
We started to make a couple of these tools this week and found that due to incorrect tempering of the metal after welding, the shaft of the spanner could not sustain an applied torque of 30lbs-ft. We are researching tempering methods to ensure that the product we produce will not fail.The annoying thing is that the tool we made for our shop didn't fail the torque test.

We hope to have a solution to the problem by the start of next week.

Old Man Emu

How was Oshkosh??

Still need one of those tools!!

Have you got them working ok now???

Let me know when your back and i'll slip you some dollars .

I can vouch for this device: Just spent today doing the 12 point nuts on one of our 230s, and this made it so much easier.. Great for removing the old nuts and installing the new type - and also for torquing to the required 30ft/lbs, as there is no offset between the socket end and the torque-wrench attachment end, thus no offset calculations required.

Chris did you remove each nut and replace with new and torque one at a time and what did you have to remove off engine to replace nuts.

EXCLUSIVE SUPPLIER

Hi OME.

Looking around the threads here I can't find the one I'm after. I saw you had a dvd. called the 'mechanics toolbox' or something similar, if that's correct I'd like one please. can payment be done by credit card? Also chasing a couple of the old style bonnet locks/clips, the ones you push straight in to lock and turn a quarter turn to release.

Cheers Davo:help:

Chris did you remove each nut and replace with new and torque one at a time and what did you have to remove off engine to replace nuts.

Yes, we removed each nut one at a time, adding the new nut after each removal; then torqued one side and checked on the other side. Had to remove all induction and exhaust pipes to get at them.

EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT!

QED Hardware starts production of Cylinder Base and Through Bolt Tool

If you would like to add one of these incredibly useful tools to your workshop inventory, contact us at [email protected]

Tool is $50 + GST + P/H. That should be around $65 delivered to your door.

Old Man Emu