Video: Sadler Vampire SV2

Guest Wayne

• 11 months later...

If memory serves me well Ken Garland bought up the rights a few years ago for the vampire. He has a web site and produces the vampire here in Australia. He's involved with the SAAA as well. A 2 seat variant was manufactured in America until a year or so back when it went belly up. A few have been advertised in the RAA mag over the years.

Cheers

Steve

Vampire painted flat black

Flat black never looks as good as you think it will, but GLOSS BLACK can look really good.

One was painted thus in the JPS (John Player Special) colours with gold trim.

There is a demo video of it (probably uploaded in the past) atthis link;

You might be able to order one, but don't hold your breath..071_yawn.gif.43c7f5f86675fec124ffe33bd2e896f0.gif

Arthur.

Guest nunans

I share a hanger with a nice one in bathurst NSW and I'm sure it's for sale, if anyone is interested in them I could pass on the contact number of the owner

I share a hanger with a nice one in bathurst NSW and I'm sure it's for sale, if anyone is interested in them I could pass on the contact number of the owner

Post pics and price for the best result... (especially if it is a good price..)

Guest nunans

I'm not the owner so I have no pics but the ad was in nov 2011 members market,

It's still in the hangar so it hasn't been sold as far as i know, I'm not sure what the price would be now either..

SADLER VAMPIRE SV2 Excellent condition. TTIS 183 hrs. Rotax 447 engine 103 hrs. 3 blade Brolga prop ground adjustable. Trailer built for aircraft. Plane & trailer registered. Hangared at Bathurst. A piece of Australian Ultralight history. Airframe s/n SV-002. $22,000. 0416 158 200.

I wonder how much they were brand new?

In 1986 dollars, when I worked at the factory, $26,500 finished, test flown and on a trailer.

27Vampire.jpg.519df15ab323ec701d090059c8a76320.jpg

Arthur.

• Like 2

In 1986 dollars, when I worked at the factory, $26,500 finished, test flown and on a trailer.[ATTACH=full]18039[/ATTACH]

Arthur.

A bit more expensive, but I prefer, and would love to fly, this version.