New to Forum Today

Hi....I just joined this forum today. I recently regained my Third Class Medical after a 4 year battle with the FAA. Because of the nature of my special issuance medical I am making the decision to go "Sport Pilot" so I won't have to continue to jump through all the 'hoops' the FAA would require to keep my special medical in place.

I just purchased a single place CGS Hawk Classic and am in the process of getting checked out for Sport Pilot certificate.

One thing I have learned already is that the Sport Pilot issue is so complicated and everybody I talk to has a different story to tell. Nobody really seems to know about weight classifications and registering with the FAA. I have found that a lot of pilots are flying illegally because they don't know or don't understand the regulations and the Instructors I have talked to don't really know either. So far I have talked to three different instructors and gotten three different stories as to what I need to do to fly legally! So, to say the least it has been very interesting!

Welcome aboard Paul, hope you enjoy the company and find it interesting. Sounds as though we are fortunate that here our Recreational Certificate is administered by an independent body and CASA, our FAA equivalent, maintain an oversight only. Enjoy the Hawk

Guest davidh10

Wecome, Paul.

Sorry I cannot help with you questions, but there are some ex US pilots on the forum, so best of luck.

If your aircraft is as pictured by Farri, it looks nice.

Welcome Paul,

I nearly bought a CGS Hawk a few years back. Those where the days I was being administered by a minister for Law and Finance. Anyways welcome to the forum. They're all a great bunch of people in here.