Another lurker emerges

Guest Decca

Guest Decca

Hi folks. A lawn bowls mate (who is building his own ultralight) passes on his RAA & Pac Flyer mags when he's finished with them & it's re-ignited a passion for aviating. In a past life I had a brief career as a LAME, followed by about 12,000hrs as a flight engineer, mostly on Boeing 727. That must have been enough excitement for me although on one memorable early hours freighter flight I poled one all the way from Melbourne to Launceston. Chickened out at 1,000' above the runway though - what a turkey.

Anyway it would be nice to own an RA registered craft one day. The mag supply is about 6 months slow & I haven't seen any CT ads yet - maybe Ian can pass on some info about it - it's a very compact looking aircraft. Nice photos Ian.

Hope I pressed the right button to make this work.

Decca.

Anyway it would be nice to own an RA registered craft one day. The mag supply is about 6 months slow & I haven't seen any CT ads yet - maybe Ian can pass on some info about it - it's a very compact looking aircraft. Nice photos Ian.Decca.

Hi Decca - as Chris said, a big welcome to the forums.

2nd hand CTs don't come up very often and if they do they are snapped up extremely quickly so they don't need to get advertised - speak to the distributors if you are after one.

The CT is just one aircraft though - there are many incredible aircraft out there in the recreational arena - Jabirus, Drifters, Thrusters, Gazelles, Sportstars and many many more - they all have a lot to offer and different things to offer so don't rush in, have a look around, write down what you are looking for in an aircraft and then single out a few that match your criteria and take them for a REAL GOOD test fly. I have an eye on a Trike now so within the next twelve months or so I hope to have a trike in the barn for some real good fun - don't know which one yet but the process to select one that will suit me may take some research which is what I have just suggested to you - good luck and in the meantime enjoy the website!

Guest Decca

Thank you Ian. If memory is correct you'd be one of the nominees for Victorian rep of RAA listed in a recent RAA mag? I could be wrong about the title but I read those mags from cover to cover. That's why I can't remember seeing a CT or an agent (distributor) for them. But I sure appreciate your comment about the variety in what's available!

006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif - one of my misguided adventures but next year I will probably stand again but this time with more vengeance and a promise to represent the members BETTER (maybe as this site takes most of my time as it is now).

As I said take your time to pick the right aircraft that suits your needs - they are all as good as each other in that they offer you the freedoms of flying for fun