Commandments for Pilots

Spin

Dunno if this has been on here before, but could probably stand a little more exposure. Couched in humorous terms but the underlying messages are valid.

1. Thou shalt abstain from the intersection takeoff for, verily, the runway behind thee, as the altitude above thee, cometh not to thine aid when thou needest them.

2. Thou shalt not linger on active runways lest thou become like unto ground beef.

3. Ignorest thou not thy checklists for many are the switches, handles, gauges and other demons awaiting to take cruel vengeance upon thee.

4. Thou shalt cast thine eyes to thy right and also to thy left as thou passeth through the firmament lest thy fellow pilots bring flowers to thy widow and comfort her in other ways.

5. Buzzeth not, for this shall surely incur the wrath of thy neighbors and the fury of the CAA shall be called down upon thy head.

6. Thou shalt be ever mindful of thy fuel lest there be nothing in thy tank to sustain thee upon the air and thy days be made short.

7. Trust not thine eyes to lead thee through the cloud lest the Archangel Gabriel await thee therein.

8. Thou shalt not trespass into the thunderstorm lest the tempest rend the wings from thy chariot and cast thee naked into the firmament.

9. Put not thy trust in weather prophets, for when the truth is not in, then they shall not accompany thee among thy ancestors.

10. Often shalt thou confirm thine airspeed on final lest the earth rise up and smite thee.

• Like 1

2. Thou shalt not linger on active runways lest thou become like unto ground beef.

I like that one - me dad was a topdressing pilot and I can always remember my mum saying she was out for tea and biscuits - another women spoke to her and said 'what a dangerous job that aerail topdressing is ................ and all those pilots spread over the countryside like raspberry jam !' ........................................................... polite girls chatter

Dunno if this has been on here before, but could probably stand a little more exposure. Couched in humorous terms but the underlying messages are valid.10. Often shalt thou confirm thine airspeed on final lest the earth rise up and smite thee.

I fly into and out of (naturally) a lot of private country strips, and you all know how the bum drops out of it when there's a power line to cross on final. Cheers Davo.037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif