Citabria Needed

Floatplane

Hi there,Thanks anyway but after witnessing yet another sales rip off from a guy in the Gold Coast, I purchased another kit, way safer!

Regards

FP

'Ripping off' as in flogging something at a too high price to an unwary customer or 'ripping off' as in deceitfully/illegally hiding a shortcoming on the subject aircraft? Please elaborate if you think fellow aviators would benefit from being aware of the circumstances. Forewarned is forearmed.

lets just say after 35 years in the game are we/you/us surprised? nope! typical used car dealer attitude but the trouble I see is those same clowns not doing the right thing for owners who actually "pay commision" for those same guys trying to sell aircraft.

example 1 - I wanted a Citabria and asked a Melbourne Aircraft saleman to keep a look out (normal question one would think), months later after viewing some articles here I found out one owner in fact asked the very same saleman to sell his plane (and yes, it fitted into my price range) but did I hear from this salesman? NO! he really wanted to sell, still is I think!

example 2 - Silly mistake on my part, but I told a Gold Coast saleman how much I was prepared to spend, funny how an aircraft turned up right at the max limit and only after dragging info from him did I find out he suddenly forgot to add GST, engine was out of hours and it needed spars repairs (basically he didn't tell the truth, again surprised? yes this time, but not second time round)

One wonders why they are having a tough time, personally go OS and get it yourself via a professional import company, pay about the same end of day by the time you get export CofA, freight etc and another Oz CofA, but the a/c would be 10 times better.

Sorry but nothing changes much and too those rare honest salesman, sorry.

FP