need some lessons in a Thruster near sth/est south australia,

flyerme

Hello, Ive just bought a thruster t83 ,fully enclosed pod long range tank...just had the inspection done and ready for flight...but as i have a rough narrow strip and have never flown in a thruster or a tail dragger I would like some lessons.

P2.jpg.5167238fb8c5f2760d34f515db08953b.jpg So does any one know where I can get lessons near Murray bridge south oz or any where?

• Like 1
  • Caution 1

Guest SAJabiruflyer

Try CFI of Goolwa Recreational Flying School, Ed Herring. He's a member of this site and has his mobile in his posts. If he cant do it he'd be able to point you to someone who can. Just dont try him this weekend, as our new Board Rep for SA he's in Canberra.

Guest SAJabiruflyer

Oh and, it's good to see you want lessons on something you've never flown. That shows a good attitude toward safety. 107_score_010.gif.2fa64cd6c3a0f3d769ce8a3c21d3ff90.gif If you dont have a Tail Wheel Endorsement you need to get one to stay legal under RAAus. Hope you have fun in the Thruster :thumb_up: if you come to Goolwa say Hi, i'll be the one sitting in the lounge listening to more experienced Pilots...

Nice Thruster... How much room is there in the cockpit?

I think it was made more a miget,,...I mean "little persone"... im 5ft 7" and wiegh 68kg and just squash in..have to leave door open to put the harness on and then close the door..lol..

I like em snug.

Nice T83 flyerme,

I have a T500 just finished restoring - that's it in my avatar. It took me a fair while to get the landings right in the Thruster, they can be a handful but real fun as well. So it's a good idea to get some time with an instructor to nail those landings and get used to the other idiosycrasies of this great little plane.

It would be a good idea to read all of Tony Hayes voluminous writings - most of which are published here, on the Thrusters, and how to land them. His stuff is pure gold and a great legacy he has left for us all, now that he has passed on.

Pud

• Like 1