were to find the model i.d number on a thrustr t83?

flyerme

Hello during inspection we could not find a i.d number? it was on the intrument panel in my old Bunyip but can't seem to find it on my new Thruster.it may have a new insrument panel as it appears no be velour on masonite.and not alloy.

P.S I m pretty sure I'v got a new world record!!!most amount of dirt and gravel shoveled in a week..have to had dig/shovel dirt in to my 6X4 trailer then shovel it back out on to my Lime rock strip..im half way at 150 meters has taken a week and have shoveled.dug and mined 76 trailer loads working from 5am to 6m pm evrery day ,having a day off to rest my back and my cripped fused foot...are 1/2 way and she looks pretty good..wellllll..hmmmm;good enough

I assume you are talking about the manufacturing ID number, and not the registration number? The 'compliance' plate number is generally a small ss plate pop riveted to the main fuselage boom above the cockpit port side - above where the pilot sits. The number usually starts with the year of manufacture (089 being 1989) and finishes with the number of aircraft that have been manufactured (359) so the examples here would look like "089 - 359"

Hope this helps.

Pud

I assume you are talking about the manufacturing ID number, and not the registration number? The 'compliance' plate number is generally a small ss plate pop riveted to the main fuselage boom above the cockpit port side - above where the pilot sits. The number usually starts with the year of manufacture (089 being 1989) and finishes with the number of aircraft that have been manufactured (359) so the examples here would look like "089 - 359"Hope this helps.

Pud

You are looking for something like this flyerme

33663096_CopyofP1010351.JPG.e64bb1e75f904a2d410cb256ce9db5aa.JPG

Pud

I tore my heal off and crushed my ankle(calcaneise). unfortunatly it was mis-diagnosed and after 3 years of agony they did a sus-taylor fusion(can move ankle up and down but no roll..can be tricky with a rudder BAR.) still in agony every day walk funny and can't kick the footy with my lad....oh I did it on my dirtbike ,used to be a freesyle riderfacy.jpg.ee60617f07e67ad1cbe3ab807bd0b839.jpg this is me last year ...yes with the fusion as I had the fusion 9 years ago....I sold my bike a couple of months ago to buy my plane ...but not really a safer option!!!lol

on the early single seaters the the serial numbers were stamped on the end of the aluminium engine mountscheers corky

Hello,just did a complete and thourough look over, could not find a plate still and also looked for rivets or rivet holes and nothing?I should mention its still running the origanal fuji robin 50hp and appears to have origanal alloy engine mounts..what has been removed and replaced were the wing box's,new mild steel fitted(raa phoned and noted)..I dont have a lot of history other than it was inspected in 1990 at mt,gambier by a Lyall Sharam then in 2009 it was inspected in nsw(somwhere near Sydney),wing box replaced and flown(total 3.5 hours logged),I bought this from another owner with no log book,no licence, (as he was a farm flyer who flew it on his own property{apperentlythe raa rules state no licence or reg required if flown on and within own property} wich he flew the day of purchace. other than that all I know is its a modified T83, one of 49 built...modsP12.jpg.b1315e34c161f44d560decacbf0c38de.jpg are : endurence tank and spoiler fitted, rear cabin new full alloy sheet fitted(to fill in cockpit) new doors fitted and a 3 blade brolga fitted..I was yold this eas done very early in its life..?

P9.jpg.ce0be67afd039e5b0030080f21808c12.jpg

Hello,just did a complete and thourough look over, could not find a plate still and also looked for rivets or rivet holes and nothing?I should mention its still running the origanal fuji robin 50hp and appears to have origanal alloy engine mounts..what has been removed and replaced were the wing box's,new mild steel fitted(raa phoned and noted)..I dont have a lot of history other than it was inspected in 1990 at mt,gambier by a Lyall Sharam then in 2009 it was inspected in nsw(somwhere near Sydney),wing box replaced and flown(total 3.5 hours logged),I bought this from another owner with no log book,no licence, (as he was a farm flyer who flew it on his own property{apperentlythe raa rules state no licence or reg required if flown on and within own property} wich he flew the day of purchace. other than that all I know is its a modified T83, one of 49 built...mods[ATTACH=full]15147[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]15148[/ATTACH] are : endurence tank and spoiler fitted, rear cabin new full alloy sheet fitted(to fill in cockpit) new doors fitted and a 3 blade brolga fitted..I was yold this eas done very early in its life..?

Like Corky said it should have a 4 digit number starting with the number 1 on the end of the engine mount usually the front left hand side one. The numbers are not real big. For example if your t83 is the 49th built it's number will be 1049, certified 2 seaters have the ID plate like Pud mentioned.Cheers Steve.

• 3 weeks later...

JUST BEEN GIVEN A LOGICAL EXPLANATION............. NOT the origanal boom ... ah of coarse ..why didn't I think of that?

well they could have re-riverted the i.d back on ofater stacking it ,,proberbly a ground loop

JUST BEEN GIVEN A LOGICAL EXPLANATION............. NOT the origanal boom ... ah of coarse ..why didn't I think of that?

well they could have re-riverted the i.d back on ofater stacking it ,,proberbly a ground loop

It wont be 10-0049 as thats the number on my Thruster T83 which has flaperons and is a EHF version they done with a full rear pod which looks awesome too.

I havent flown it yet as I'm building a X-Air S to get my licence in, not sure where you herd or read that you dont need a RAA licence or reg aircraft needed if flying on your own property but I do like the idea though :)

cheers Pete

It wont be 10-0049 as thats the number on my Thruster T83 which has flaperons and is a EHF version they done with a full rear pod which looks awesome too.I havent flown it yet as I'm building a X-Air S to get my licence in, not sure where you herd or read that you dont need a RAA licence or reg aircraft needed if flying on your own property but I do like the idea though :)

cheers Pete

Hi Pete is 10049 your rego no or is it your serial no

reason i ask is all the serial numbers i have looked at only have 4 digits just curious? cheers Steve

Hi Steve, from the info I have in the logs the reg and serial are both no 49 not to bad to get both the same, I do know its a late version they made bacause it has the top and bottom wing ribs as well as a different boom location for the wing which was a one off version from what Tony Hayes has writen, by that I mean it has the wings mounted forward, closer to the engine than most T83 I have seen which gives the tail a longer moment making it better to control on the ground and in the air without wanting to ground loop.

cheers Pete