X-Plane flight sim

robinsm

Where do I get a copy of x-plane flight sim. I have microsoft fs x but it doesnt have an x-air sim on it. I have just about finished building an xair std and would enjoy cyber flying it as well as really flying it. I believw there is an x-air sim available as part of x-plane.

Thanks

Maynard

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a point of interest, x-plane is a design modelling program to create an cyber-aerodynamic representation of a flying machine.

The program includes a flight sim to then fly your creation, as well as a 'Quicktime' source to make movies of your machine.

Here's something I did a year or so ago;

Movie

Arthur.

Your photos look good. Was that the way the AR5 was built or was the plug left in to provide strength as in a beam. I will have to look at your site again in the future to follow up.

The AR-5 was built the Rutan way which is to glass one side of thick foam sheet, make a long box with the glass on the inside, carve the outside to shape and glass over.

A little bit heavier than laying up in a mould but obviously only a third of the time.

Did my link to google Video work?

You may want to look at my previous construction at Stollite construction

Arthur.

Arthur I looked at the movie today, it worked well. Thanks for the info on the AR5. I had been thinking it would be possible to hot wire a hole in the centre of a block of foam, glass the inside and then shape and glass the outside. The internal glassing would be difficult. the stollite was good and I have also looked at the homebuilt site in USA and got some good ideas.

For those readers unaware of the AR-5, this was a single seater desingned and built by a guy named Mike Arnold in the US.

His little plane was all composite and powered by a Rotax 532 which set a world speed record in it's weight class of 213 mph (about 185 kts).

Arthur.

AR-5 site

5flglint.jpg.eb16a8eb237fb4dbd41df0d0fa1a643b.jpg