Bathurst CTAF Live Stream

pilotdave69

Hope everyone who has logged in has enjoyed it so far. Next week with the Bathurst 1000 races coming up, this frequency will be very busy. ON Sunday 9th Oct, Day of race, expecting 3 x EMB 170 and possibly a G550 to land , which i witnesses last year, what an amazing JET. I saw 12 people get off, walk across tarmac, over to back of carpark and into 2 Nice Choppers to take them to Mt Panorama. I will possibly put up 120.8 which is the Mt Panorama Command chopper frequency. Busy time of year.

Yes they sure do talk fast Doug, i have been listening to ATC for years, thank god, cause i think it certainly has helped me understand some terms when learning to fly. I can also pick up 122.75 Bris Centre from my place too, but way too busy for my purpose of stream. CTAF can be quite busy at Bx , alot of training aircraft.

Bathurst really needs a proper taxi way for Runway 17/35, can wait upto 10 min if your caught as 17 being the active runway. I dont think any more money will be spent now there are new PAPI lights installed each end, also new taxi lights . (approx $400,000) worth.

Guest Howard Hughes
Why oh why is so necessary for controllers to speak at the speed of light? I barely understand the first part of their instruction when they're part part 3. That God I don't fly into towered fields.

It becomes second nature Doug, you are already expecting to hear something, so as they speak you are only confirming the instructions you were expecting to hear.:thumb_up:

It becomes second nature Doug, you are already expecting to hear something, so as they speak you are only confirming the instructions you were expecting to hear.:thumb_up:

Ditto, the first time I started flying in around major airports and in controlled airspace, I thought my head was going to explode with information! Also once you've done a similar run a few times, you can pretty much know what they will tell you, and what you need to say back.

• 4 months later...

Today there is a competition day at Bathurst airport, Central West flying and the Bathurst Aeroclub, if you want to listen in to the CTAF, goto my link here.

http://www.bathurstscan.com/?page_id=18 Press play on the bottom stream. I have locked CTAF on.

Also to see the new amazing webcam that Central west flying have installed, see http://www.centralwestflying.com/wx/bthwc.php A great view of the airfield and of any impending weather .

Cheers..

Dave