Green but still Dry

PaulN

I had the pleasure of sharing the same airspace with Slartibartfast today, and wasn't it just perfect!

Thought I'd share a couple of pics taken of Lake Eucumbene (part of the Snowy Hyrdo Scheme). At capacity this store of water is said to hold around nine times the volume of Sydney Harbour but right now I wonder if it holds as much as the Harbour x 1. Doesn't it look really sad, although for the fisherman there must be a higher ratio of fish to water, so there might be something good about it.

Cheers,

Paul

30588821_EucDam1.jpg.091874700b4a038a9cd4c6ab9d212207.jpg

646439754_EucDam2.jpg.f358c4b07136d6230e5bb4ab6bfbcfd4.jpg

Nice Paul. It was an amazingly perfect day for flying.

On the way back to Tumut I flew over Angler's Reach. There's an old bridge there that's above the water for the first time in over 50 years. That's how low it is. Also, that's how well they built bridges then. If they hadn't removed the overhead trusses to allow nautical navigation, you could still drive over it. Haven't got a replacement camera yet, so I'll have to share next time.

Ross

funny thing is in my little part of the world, dams are at 100% and i havnt been able to dry out a spare mattress for narromine due to the regular rain over the past 2 weeks! yet just 100Km away, its brown and dry

Rob,

I expect it will improve soon as we plan to track back to Cooma from Narromine down the Hunter Valley to NBB then coastal past Sydney before cutting inland at W'gong past ACT to Michelago ... at least we really hope it does 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif.

No matter, if it takes it's time so will we.

Paul