Throttle position.

Sloper

Just be careful that it isn't too easily bumped when your passenger shifts position in their seat. Things got a bit exciting for me once when we suddenly went full throttle while idling on the taxiway...

• Like 1

Tthe centre dashboard position is the simplest and cheapest way with the straightest cable run possible. Side mounted quadrants are easy too but just suit tandem seating. Usually the LHS. Keep it simple ( and reliable). Nev

• Like 2

Hi Bruce,

First of all my apologies for, along with some others, recently calling your aircraft a Morgan Sierra when in fact it is the 2+2 seat Morgan Cougar.

I would agree with Facthunter in keeping it simple and unless you are going to go dual control,I would put the throttle on the left. In our Sierra we have a throttle both on the left and on the right with a central control stick however this additional cable causes both throttles to be extremely stiff to move. Regular lubrication helps but as Gary Morgan suggested we would greatly improve it by disconnecting the right throttle cable at the carby. We haven't tried this as we like being able to fly from both seats.

Can't wait to see you airborne,

Alan Marriette.

Its the first duel control Couger and because this l have space between the seats, so l was thinking a single throttle mount in a far forward position between the seats.

cable should be reasonably straight.

Like a Tbar shift l suppose.

l am doing this as my children are also builders and will be learning in it at some stage, so l need to be able to control the Couger from both positions.

Had lots of fun sorting the elevator controls with the duel stick, l have the maximum spec on it travel now.

regards Bruce

Its the first duel control Couger and because this l have space between the seats, so l was thinking a single throttle mount in a far forward position between the seats.cable should be reasonably straight.

Like a Tbar shift l suppose.

l am doing this as my children are also builders and will be learning in it at some stage, so l need to be able to control the Couger from both positions.

Had lots of fun sorting the elevator controls with the duel stick, l have the maximum spec on it travel now.

regards Bruce

If you have seperate control sticks, then a central throttle would be ideal just like many GA aircraft.

Alan.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes two joysticks.

l hope to start soughting the seating, instrument postion in the next few weeks.

Between preparing a car for a movie shoot, more funds for the plane.029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif

regards Bruce