Military Might for CHOGM

Apparently 90DME is the exclusion zone 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif SLACWA sent out an email saying that the Bindoon strip will be out of service between the 21st and 31st of October.

I haven't received anything regarding airspace restrictions from CASA.... (obviously it'd be in the NOTAMs though) You'd think they'd send out an information sheet/brochure.

-Andrew

Apparently 90DME is the exclusion zone 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif SLACWA sent out an email saying that the Bindoon strip will be out of service between the 21st and 31st of October.I haven't received anything regarding airspace restrictions from CASA.... (obviously it'd be in the NOTAMs though) You'd think they'd send out an information sheet/brochure.

-Andrew

Yep, I have the same understanding Andrew. Bindoon is out of action. But tell me if I'm wrong- At Northam we are clear to fly below 8500.

Pud

Guest iPilot

You're right there Pud, Northam's outside of the 36 DME so you'll be ok between the surface and 8500ft. Anything inside the 36 DME must submit a flight plan 24 hours prior to departure from what I understand. I need to do that for a flight on the 26th of October.

Oh and here's that link to.

http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/publications/current/sup/s11-h50.pdf

Hope you westeners enjoy this. Sydney was a blast at APEC. Are they going to lock you out of your city like they did to us in Sydney with 5klm of security fencing? The jackboots seemed to have a lot of fun with the locals as well. lot's of local businesses lose lots of trade during these lockdown events.

Ozzie

....CHOGM = Cops Holidaying On Government Money, I was based at Maroochy Airport when it was held at Coolum and there was some very interesting goings on with some being caught doing naughty things in the resorts hot tubs. can't remember anything being achieved by the political participants neither other than a lot of inconvenience to the rest of us :chat: