new

winks

Welcome along Winks! Have you found a school in Cairns yet? Hopefully someone here will be able to recommend something.

Enjoy it here, a great place to learn and talk aviation, or just have fun! 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

hi Tomo, Thank you. Have had a little look around and seems only Ron Watson (jabs) in innisfail (60 mins away) is teaching. have heard a buzz though that another guy is there aswell teaching in somthing with a tailwheel dont know if its true though If any helpful aviator could enlighten me as to the training options that would much apreciated

G`Day Winks and 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif!....I`m just down the road,south of Cairns, 45k, at Deeral!

To my knowledge, in the Cairns area, RAA three axis instruction is limited to, Ron Watson and Carlo Prette!...Both out of Innisfail/Mundoo aerodrome!

Frank.

Thanks guys good to feel welcome! Frank - nice to meet a local, so Deeral is that kinda Babinda-ish? or am i way off with my mental map Guernsey - about me.. well im young, had to move because of work....caught the flying bug when i was about 8yo when i got to trek infront of the doors on a flight to NZ (loved the button factor) and its been on my mind ever since! the decision to learn to fly was decided after a terific tiger moth flight, and now i cant wait to complete my training.....as for the name well i have an interesting last name.....Ive heard it all before (school kids can be so mean)

Thanks guys good to feel welcome! Frank - nice to meet a local, so Deeral is that kinda Babinda-ish? or am i way off with my mental map Guernsey - about me.. well im young, had to move because of work....caught the flying bug when i was about 8yo when i got to trek infront of the doors on a flight to NZ (loved the button factor) and its been on my mind ever since! the decision to learn to fly was decided after a terific tiger moth flight, and now i cant wait to complete my training.....as for the name well i have an interesting last name.....Ive heard it all before (school kids can be so mean)

I understand my friend so will not make fun of your name any more. 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

To me anyone under the age of 50 yrs is young to me so do you qualify?

Keep us in touch with your progress.

Alan.

I get a good laugh seeing what pepole come up with so the name thing doesnt bother me Hmmm 30yrs under your limit..... i think i qualify certainly will Winks. ps..stupid post wont let me use a new line and bunches it all up together

Frank - nice to meet a local, so Deeral is that kinda Babinda-ish?

Yes, Winks!...Deeral is the next place south of the Fishery Falls Pub and 15 k north of Babinda!

Come in and say G`Day sometime!.....The Drifter has two seats!

Frank.

I get a good laugh seeing what pepole come up with so the name thing doesnt bother me Hmmm 30yrs under your limit..... i think i qualify certainly will Winks. ps..stupid post wont let me use a new line and bunches it all up together

That's a good age Winks 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif If I may say so myself 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Oh yeah. It's all downhill from there. Tomo. (Just try to make it a Looooong downhill). Nev

Speak for yourself Nev. We have all occupied the space where Tomo and Winks are now, but des not aquiring an element of maturity give life a far more different perpspective?

It would give you a very unfair advantage, if we could have the wisdom that SHOULD come with age, at the actual age of 20.

20 is magic, You've got your wheels, maybe even two wheels, An adequate income without others to help you spend it (plus some). You're fit, healthy, capable of communicating and making decisions that really will make a difference to where you are going, and freedom. (usually) unless you are in Bluestone College or married). Nev

Thanks Nev, I'm actually 14 days off from being 20 (but who's counting poke_tongue_out.gif.5a7d1a1d57bd049bd5fb0f49bf1777a8.gif) Still I guess that's close enough to being 20... 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Wait until you are only 14 days from being 50!!! You will insist that you are still 49.012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Alan.