Just landed

Guest Deon

Hi , I am a old hangglider , paraglider , ultralight and glider pilot .I am a boat builder by profession ,but flying and building vintage aircraft is my passion .

Hi , I am a old hangglider , paraglider , ultralight and glider pilot .I am a boat builder by profession ,but flying and building vintage aircraft is my passion .

Welcome Deon,

Looks to me like you enjoy 'gliding' of all sorts.

Cheers,

Pud

Hi Deon, welcome to the site. What sort of Vintage aircraft have you been involved in? You will probably have many good wood working ideas you can pass on to members.

Cheers

Hi Deon welcome to the forum. You are similar to myself in being a ' Flying Boat Man '.Tell us a bit more about yourself such as age, location and where you fly from.

Alan Marriette.

Hi Alan ,

I came from Africa but live now on Vancouver Island , Canada .I have build my first hangglider when I was 9 years old . I have seen a photo of a Rogallo glider in a Popular Machanics mag . and build my own version with bamboo and plastic .It actually flew a few feet off deck , but it was good enought for me and felt like 100 feet .My flying advanced then and I had a hanggliding school later and even later change to paragliding and open a school . In the mean time I fly and build ultralight aircraft , get my private pilot licence , join a gliding club and fly Blanics and build a Grunau Baby from basic plans .I then left Africa and now live in Canada . The aviation laws is diferent here and I am still sorting out my licenses . At the moment I am building a 1920 Pelzner look-alike glider and plan to build a Tweetie hangglider next . This is were you guys come in .I need 3-view drawings , photos or any info available about the glider .I also need to contact Mr .Ron Wheeler .May-be you guys can help ?

Sorry about the long reply

Best regarts

Deon