Trike Flying School Tumut?

Guest danda

I don't know of any husband and wife team however the CFI there is

P Wilson his phone numbers are Mobile 0418 278 012 Home 02-6947 1159

Don

And there is no website.

Great flyer and teacher, but he is away from tomorrow for 3 weeks in China and Florida catching up with old students among other things.

That's why I had to get his Jabiru back yesterday.

Don, thanks for the help. That home number you gave is the work number in the hangar. Otherwise I was going to delete it - the internet is a dangerous place.

There were about 30 hang glider and trike students there for the last 4 days making use of Peter's skills. It was a bit awkward returning from Narromine at dusk to a gaggle of non-radio equipped aircraft travelling at half my speed.

Everybody had a great time though.

His wife does help out too, she was my SARWATCH yesterday. So that's probably the right place Bubbleboy (Seinfeld fan?).

Ross

Guest Peggy2
Great flyer and teacher, but he is away from tomorrow for 3 weeks in China and Florida catching up with old students among other things.That's why I had to get his Jabiru back yesterday. Ross

Hey maybe I'm in the wrong profession, Jabiru, trips to China, Florida,...where can I purchase a trike instructors ticket 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif .

All jokes aside, I assume he is an RA-AUS instructor and not HGFA?

Another question, I read on the board somewhere that if you train with HGFA, you can only fly 25kms. from the place you were trained and not from other airfeilds.

Anyone know if it's the same with RA-AUS?

Guest Crezzi
All jokes aside, I assume he is an RA-AUS instructor and not HGFA?

Another question, I read on the board somewhere that if you train with HGFA, you can only fly 25kms. from the place you were trained and not from other airfeilds.

Anyone know if it's the same with RA-AUS?

Yes, Tumut is RAA not HGFA.

A year or two ago the HGFA did (re)interpret their rules to mean that qualified pilots without xc endorsements were restricted to the airfield they trained at. However it was confirmed at the recent instructor seminar that this is not the case - you can be based at a different airfield. You are restricted to 25nm radius from your home airfield and you also cannot "operate from or land at an aerodrome established or licenced under Civil Aviation Regulations" without a xc endorsement.

Hope that helps

John