Instrument mounting...

I have run in to a small hurdle that OME is helping me with but thought it may help someone else one day so have started this thread. Im mounting flight instruments in my panel and want to mount the ASI, ALT & VSI from behind the panel. OME has sent me the screws and clips but something is not right. I can slide the clip into the screw hole in the instrument from behind but the screw then will not screw in as it appears too big. With the legs of the clip in the instrument screw hole, I cant get the screw in. There is every possibility that I am doing something wrong which is why im posting this. Im sure OME will sort me out but interested in hearing other folks methods. I wouldnt think you would need to drill the screw holes out in the instrument which I havent done.

Scotty augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gif

I saw the picture. The legs seem to be too long. I posted four clips this afternoon. They should do the job.

What is the diameter of the screw holes in the instruments that you were able to fit the clips and screws into?

Are these Chinese instruments?

OME

• 2 months later...

Just a little tip with those clips (grasshopper nuts) ... spread the legs (no, I'm not being crude) before fitting the clips to the holes. That way, the correct sized screw should engage the nuts ok and it helps prevent the clips from pushing out the back. Instrument screws are normally 6/32's.

Just a little tip with those clips (grasshopper nuts) ... spread the legs (no, I'm not being crude) before fitting the clips to the holes. That way, the correct sized screw should engage the nuts ok and it helps prevent the clips from pushing out the back. Instrument screws are normally 6/32's.[/quoteGreat suggestion, will look into that.

Thanks mate!