Biggest trip??

crazy diamond

Hi all

my biggest trip was from Lethbridge Vic around Australia Costal anty clock wise all the way

land on the left sea on the right.

Up the east coast to Horn Island across to Broome down to Bunbury around to Esperance

on to Nullarbor Roadhouse then down to Port lincoln up to Port Augusta down to Gawler and then home.

Aircraft Type Lightwing GA912

Start Time Sat 11/5/02 10.00am Return time Sat 22/6/02

Flying time 28 Days @ approx 6hrs a Day.

Total Fuel approx 2800Lts.

This trip is fully docunented and i have 28hrs of video

A trip of a life time which i will be doing again.

Boyd

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Charters Towers to Wanggaratta(Vic) and back in a gyro about 4 years ago, also from Quirindi(nsw) back to the Towers in a gyro early this year.

Near every year i fly to the NT about 700nm 1 way for work, then fly home again, also gyro.

But yeah Hatty beats me, that was a damn good effort to Perth with no support either.

• 2 months later...

Longreach to Old Station Flyin beteen Rockhampton and Gladstone, In a Thruster T500. Longreach to Alpha fuel stop, Alpha to Springsure to pick up my brother, stay over night in Springsure. Early next morning we took off and headed for Dingo Roadhouse for smoko and fuel, Dingo Roadhouse to Old Station Flyin.

It took me 11 hours to get there, I had about a 10 to 15kt head wind ,The fastest ground speed i got was 35kts, I had a semi trailer catch and pass me.

The trip home had the same stopes except i droped my brother off in Emerald and fueled up,The trip home was alot quicker it only took me 7 hours.

I loved every minute of it, The Old Station Flyin was great. Im going to fly to Monto for the Northern RAA Flyin later in the year

• 5 months later...