Just another Powered Parachute..

StringPuller

G'day y'all, I joined this site back in 2009, it got lost in my favourites file due to lack of use. I also joined another aussie site which was more suited to powered parachutes. Things ran well there for a while but over time its been taken over and politics seems to have strangled it for me. It seems to me admin on that site has its own agenda and has let it fall into ruin.

Back to this site: I had trouble remembering my old password to this unused site and seeing as Id changed my email address and hadn't up dated my new email address into this site I was up the creek with out a paddle. I contacted one of the admin on this site by email explaining my troubles and I received a phone call from him and he straightened everything out giving me a new password (thanks Ian Baker).

Im still in a little shock thinking a total stranger could be so kind as to contact me and go to the trouble of helping me out. I guess I'll just put it down to good old aussie kindness.

As I spoke to Ian he told me how 5 guys mediate this site that have a wide range of skills and knowledge when it comes to flying. I think that's a great thing and Im sure this site will keep a true coarse.

Regards to all, Kevin SaVell.

• Like 1

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Kevin! Glad you could get your membership sorted, and I must agree, Ian goes to great lengths to give everyone a great resource, and to help each and everyone out.

I got to have a ride in a powered parachute one of these days, they look like a lot of fun! 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Hope you enjoy it here, and meet many other friendly folks - quite a few PP drivers here too!

Guest GraemeM
098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Kevin! Glad you could get your membership sorted, and I must agree, Ian goes to great lengths to give everyone a great resource, and to help each and everyone out.I got to have a ride in a powered parachute one of these days, they look like a lot of fun! 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Hope you enjoy it here, and meet many other friendly folks - quite a few PP drivers here too!

We chute fliers plan on taking over the air space.

Good to see you here Kev.

Graeme .

G'd I contacted one of the admin on this site by email explaining my troubles and I received a phone call from him and he straightened everything out giving me a new password (thanks Ian Baker). Im still in a little shock thinking a total stranger could be so kind as to contact me and go to the trouble of helping me out. I guess I'll just put it down to good old aussie kindness.

That's it, StringPuller. There is more kindness shown on this forum site by Ian and Corinne than I have ever experienced anywhere else.

Wow, thanks everyone for the welcome. This is a great site and I hope to see the Powered Parachute section grow.

Tomo, you need to get your butt into one of these things. Some of the best fun you'll ever have is playing in a PPC.

I call it no thinking flying.

Im not having a poke at you but its great for the lighter guys. Ive been reading old threads re weight belts.

My hanger is a covered in trailer my airfield can be any block of land that's kind of level(cow free preferred). My set up time can be 15min and that's including warm up and even leaving a few minutes up my sleeve.

You don't have to ask me twice to hear how much I love flying PPC's. Simple and safe, no frills flying.

G'day GraemeM, no point in telling you how good these little things are lol.

Thanks again Admin for your help on here.

• Like 1

Welcome StringPuller!!

Good to see another one (PPC flyer) here on the site ...

Yeah, they all seem pretty good here - I really enjoy reading about other Pilot's experiences etc.

I hope to see the Powered Parachute section grow.

That would be really good! Look forward to your input!

Peter