April 2007

Guest Fred Bear

Guest Fred Bear

Here are some. I really have to stop chopping the nose of these a/c. Oh well, thought I would post anyway.

Our amphibious visitor The Oaks.

Some of The Oaks gang.

Jabiru 1837 new arrival, The Oaks.

Jabiru 1837 tail and moonrise, The Oaks.

PS, for my last shot with the painting on the tail...HINT: Look what's painted with the real background at The Oaks :)

Guest David C

Darren ,

I take it this was the action at The Oaks yesterday . Why is it I always miss out ?? ... 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif well we all know the answer , its that dreaded W word again . Is that new Jabiru a resident or a visitor ? . The amphib is a beauty too . Heres to a great Narromine anyway ;);)

Dave

Guest Fred Bear

Hey Dave.You always miss the really good days (but a few)068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif Ha ha.The new Jab will be a resident.Wayne is not too sure what he is going to do with it yet (hanger-wise).You will see it at Narromine.

Darren, Nice shots once again Mr Smarty Pants. I have not tried as of yet your advice on posting pic's because as have been too busy making hay but I will in due course when I return from my upcoming trip to the Philippines. I want to this time go looking at a volcano or 2, from the air, should get some good shots so look out.

I'm will also be looking at a new Kitfox over there, to leave it there of course and use it on my frequent visits.

Kit Fox's use to be built there and exported to the USA but the factory went broke, probably due to red tape.

Anyway I'm getting of track, the interesting thing is that I may be able to purchase basically a new aircraft with maybe a new early model 912 still in the original packing case for around the USD$16,000.00, in my book thats as cheap as chips compared to here.

I know a guy who just sold a hardly used X-air for, I think, about the USD$8,000.00.

Anyway keep up the photography as from someone who knows, you have a good eye for it with the content and framing of the shot.

Kind regards,

Rick

Guest Fred Bear

Thanks for the comments Rick. Glad you like the pics again. I really should not have chopped the nose off that Jab though. It was getting low in light and, well, you know how it is ;)

Guest danda

Darren love your avatar Mr Smooth Lay-back resting on that Jab I think its great I also love the pic's keep up the good work that's the closest I'm getting to flying at the moment.

Don

Guest Emma Masters

Bathurst Airport on the 6th April 07, seeing off my husband departing to go to Narromine in Pecramairs Hunter.Thanks Phil!!Was nice to meet you.:)

Guest Prometheus

The wife and I took some time out in the Northern Territory recently.

Here are some shots from a Bell 47, over the Western MecDonnell Ranges. Hanging out the door to take some shots was the fun bit.

The wife and I in the Bell 47

1_Bell_47.JPG

Mt Sonder

1_Mt_Sonder.JPG

McDonnell Ranges looking east toward the Alice.

1_Ranges.JPG

Guest Fred Bear

Lovely pics mate! I will never forget flying over that same area years ago. The turbulence was unreal! :confused:

Guest danda

Chris that's a good one, well done some people are just skilled, sadly not one of my gifts never mind I can enjoy the vast array of photos shared here and enjoy them.

Don

Guest danda

Last time I did that I jolly near blew my foot off, OH hang on that was a rifle not much good at shooting either.

Don