Minor Site Changes

Admin

Hi All

Just to let you know of some site changes.

I have moved the country specific General Discussion forums into the top category of "General Forums". Currently for Australia and NZ I have also added sub forums like Announcements, Classifieds, Governing Bodies etc for you to use.

The original thought was to have a General Discussion forum for each of the different aviation sectors hence why there was a General Discussion forum in each category. However, I felt that there is potential for a lot of information to overlap each of the sectors, but then on the other hand, there could be information posted in a single General Discussion forum that would be irrelevant to all aviation sectors. It is just something that I think we will have to wait and see if the right decision has been made.

Please remember that this site/resource is here for every aviator from every country. I am trying to make the site as appealing as possible to everyone keeping the Australian content within an Australian section and the same for other countries whilst anything to do with Aircraft is naturally across all countries. Your help in determining where a thread/post best fits to the available forums is greatly appreciated which will prevent the need to move your thread/posts to another forum leaving you wondering where your post has gone. I will be spending some time over the next day or so moving a lot of threads to other forums to better reflect their subject matter. If you think you have lost something, please do a search first and see whether the thread comes up in a different forum then what you first thought.

A note about the Governing Bodies sub forum:

Recently I have been advised of some information that I have come to believe are some very disturbing antics of Recreational Aviation Australia (RAAus), specifically its CEO Mr Steven Tizzard and possibly the Executive, S. Runciman, D. Ramsay and P. Middleton.

So I have come to realise that these people, in whom we have entrusted our lives to in the decisions they make along with the entire RAAus Board, need to be kept in check by all us members of the Association. For this reason I have brought back the Governing Bodies forum. Please note though, we do not want to travel down the same path as we once did to the point that site users were attacking each other. If we don't stand united in this then we will end up getting what we deserve. Please use the Governing Bodies Forum as a means to communicate with each other of our own opinions, what we hear or suspect may be happening in our industry whilst at the same time respect that each of us may have a differing opinion to our own. No site user should be made to feel anything other then having the right to say what they believe by all other site users. A 7 day suspension will be issued to anyone that makes a derogatory remark against another user or that user's opinion.

Governing Bodies forums will be created for each of the other countries as when or if it is shown they are needed by way of posts being made in their respective General Discussion forums.

Thanks and please remember...ALWAYS think before you go hurtling down the runway...is everything ok because take off is optional, but landing is mandatory