Performance charts

Guest Howard Hughes

Guest Howard Hughes

What type of performance charts are RAA aircraft supplied with (if any)? Does it differ between kits and factory built? What are the regulations?

Cheers,

Mark (aka HH).

To my knowledge, there are no Performance Charts, for most, if not all, RAA aircraft... I say most because I don`t know about the latest modern AC.

I`m also not aware of any RAA requirements to have P Charts.

Is it guess work?... In most cases, I " Guess " it is!

For years I`ve thought that P Charts would be an advantage, but they would only be an advantage if the pilot has all the necessary information and ability required, to come to the right answer.

Frank.

• Like 1

Jabiru's manual has the performance charts for take off and landing based on pressure altitude and temperature.

Also has the rate of climb based on pressure altitude, temperature and various take off weights with full or no flap.

Is this what your were looking HH

Cheers

Bruce

Mark if you built the jab 160 or 170 to the same specs as the factory built one then the p charts supplied should be the same.

Would only alter if you put a 3300 engine in a home built j160 or j170 and even installed a 100hp Rotax.

The j120 manual does not have good p charts but the J160 manual has reasonably detailed ones in Section 5 of the POH on the jab website in the manuals section.

Cheers

Bruce

Indeed it does, the J160 seems to be the only one that has some Performance figures for different scenarios.

Well there you go, I've seen my first RAA P chart! 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Indeed it does, the J160 seems to be the only one that has some Performance figures for different scenarios.Well there you go, I've seen my first RAA P chart! 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

G'day tomo

You learn something new every day

cheers

Bruce

• Like 1