LSA regulatory screw over

Bigglesworth

I got an email from Garry Morgan (Morgan Aeroworks) yesterday where he was alerting the world to a major problem he's facing.

Now, I don't quite understand all the ramifications of the standards, orders and regulations mentioned, so I want to know if anyone else has got the email and could illuminate me and the rest of the world as to what's going on.

As far as I can tell, he was authorised to develop an aircraft to fit into a flying school category, and now CASA and RAA seem to have pulled the carpet out from under him, leaving him with a huge development bill, and no way to recover it.

I reserve opinion until I know exactly what's going on.

Read the ferris wheel incident thread, and have a look at the preliminary report. From the prelimary report it appears there were a number of manufacturing defects with an aircraft that was supposed to have been factory built, which you would not expect to see in a factory built aircraft.

In those circumstances I'd imagine that CASA and RAA would pull the type certification for the aircraft (particularly its ability to be used in a flying school) until such time as the extent of the problem can be determined and the aircraft's suitability for the role can be assessed.

I also imagine that it would be economically painful for the aircraft manufacturer not to be able to sell an aircraft for use in its designed for role.

They even ground A-380's if necessary and that would cost millions per day per plane. It's bit the nature of aviation. Never been an easy way to make money and even the biggest guys can go broke. ie Pan Am .Branif Ansett Fokker etc etc.. ( fill the page)... Nev

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I'll continue this where it should be (ferris wheel thread). I haven't been keeping up with gossip, but obviously I want to help out Garry as much as I can. And I don't really have any other reason to than the fact that his planes are affordable and strong and as such have provided me with a lot of good times.

See you in the Ferris thread